You will need to Create a Character to post in our forums, and play our free browser-based game.

TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 01/27 00:58
Different type of RPG
This RPG is not going to require that you define ahead of time the age, skills, blah blah blah. This is a story-telling RPG. We did these with great success a few years ago in my alliance, so I am going to try it here. There are, however a few rules as follows:

You must stick with the theme here in KoN; hence, no starships, guns, etc. etc. Some fantasy is allowed; think LotR, Eragon, Mistborn, etc.

You may write for other characters as long as it sticks with what they have already written. If they are offended by what you write, they are free to mail you and ask for a re-write.

I will set the background story, and all must fall in line with it that post or their posts WILL be deleted.

Have fun, don't be way silly, and stick with the story. Side stories to add attributes to your character are allowed...just don't make it BORING!

And I retain all rights to delete as I see fit...:D

~The Dark Sorceress Dakmor
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 01/27 01:03
Hidden in shadows
The sorceress approached the village with great stealth. Several disturbing things had happened the last few days, including the burnt caravan on the road to this village where all the bodies had been hung by their heels in the surrounding trees. The blood pooled beneath each body had glistened black in the night so she knew that it was a recent event.

She saw the lights of the tavern in the middle of town, and immediately stepped off the rutted path onto the softer, and quieter, grasses. She paused for a moment, listening. She glanced to each side, then peered back down the path intently.

Nodding slightly to herself, she swept her dark skirts up and walked quickly into the trees behind the main path. As she approached the tavern, she hesitated again. Something simply was not right...
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á»Fallen Warrior (39995)
Posts: 199
Posted on 01/27 03:54
Away in the night.. (I'm going to try)
The girl paused, ducking into a bush as she heard a branch snap. She dare not light a branch in fear of being seen. Her brother had warned of a sorceress who walked these woods, and she didn't want to come aross her. She gripped her bow closer and ducked lower.
Footsteps stalked closer and the girls held her breath until the steps disappeared in the night and the sounds of the forest took over. She lifted herself off the ground, and dusted her skirt. She didn't know who walked the dark woods, and after finding the mutilated bodies in the trees, she didn't want to meet anyone.
She shook her head and crept silently through the woods, praying to get to the next town. Her brother had a mission for her, and lately, the air didn't feel right. Something was off, and she rather not find out what...
~Music is not just something heard by ears, by the soul~
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 01/27 04:51
Wandering in silence...(I will join, as well)
The mercenary walked down the main path toward the beginning of the village. It was a quiet evening and the Moon was out near full tonight. In a few days, it'll be completely full; his favorite phase.

But that brought little comfort to his troubled mind. Supplies were running low and gold was in even shorter supply. The only job opportunity he might've gotten was now dangling from the trees a few miles from the village. The caravan's goods were gone or destroyed as well.

His only hope now was this quiet village. He yawned and stretched his arms out above himself, tired from his travels. It's been a long trip.

He wondered if they had a horse he could buy. If he could get a job and had enough left after supplies, a horse would be a good investment.

He thought about what breeds they could have in this area (and the costs of each, of course) as he approached the town center. He stopped at the town tavern. He could tell just by its shape that it was a tavern, not an inn. Light streamed from its doorway and smoke rose from its chimney.

Good place for inquiry. Always go to the social centers. That's where the good stuff is.

Diverting off the beaten path, he made his way straight to the tavern.
Immortal Warrior
$ James 40 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 01/27 05:21
None
The young man glanced down at his shaking hands. He was covered in blood, what seemed like a lot of it. He had suffered a head wound earlier and had just woken up from behind some bushes.

He couldn't remember anything. Not even his name, he only knew his head throbbed and that he was somewhere in the middle of a village or town.

Across the way he could see a man making his way to a building that seemed to still have some life in it. So he decided to follow the man into the building and ask if the man knew anything.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 02/01 02:45
(OOC)Fabulous all of you!
The sorceress paused once again and noted the two figures moving towards the tavern. She hesitated, glancing back once again and discerned a slight figure moving a fair distance away, quietly, quickly.

Wondering if bravery was the best part of valor, she straightened her shoulders and shrugged back her cowl. Her hair would have been hidden in the night but for the white streak down the center, a gift from a stronger magical power to keep her from being entirely hidden in the gloom. She took a quick look around, sighting the two men approaching the tavern and decided she had had quite enough for one night of stealth.

She stepped boldly into the light cast from the windows of the tavern and threw her weight against the door to enter.

She staggered back, surprised by the magics holding the doors firmly shut. She darted to one of the windows that cast the light onto the packed earth path in front of the tavern and peered cautiously around the edge of the glass. Her eyes widened with surprise and a touch of fear at the sight.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 02/01 05:18
None
Now, this was strange.

The mercenary stopped mid-step to observe a pretty young woman suddenly walk out from the nearby darkness and smash herself up against the door.

All would be a little less strange had the door opened. But it remained firmly shut, despite the woman's rather forceful push. Not a moment later, she rethought her advance and moved quickly to one of the tavern windows.

Strange, indeed. Why was she so forceful and the door remained closed?

Keeping his eye on the suspect woman, the mercenary himself silently strode forth to attempt to open the door.

First rule of merc-work: believe half of what you see.

A few well-supported pushes gave the same results as the woman's own. Now he could believe it 100%.

"Yep. That ain't moving." he said out loud to himself and anyone in earshot. Strange that a tavern would have its doors shut so tightly...

Ah. No. No, it would make perfect sense. A caravan not far from town, utterly destroyed? No a soul walking the streets? They know of the incident and barricaded themselves! Taverns are naturally large buildings that could easily hold the entire village, if not more at once. In fact, many villages use them as town meeting halls.

The mercenary rolled his eyes at himself, mentally scolding himself for being distracted by the woman's nervous movements.

...Wait. Why was she outside and not barricaded inside as well?

The mercenary turned to put the woman (still at the window), in full of his vision. What he caught a glimpse of next was a shaky man, whose hands shone in the moonlight, shambling his way toward them both.

He didn't like this very much. Placing his right hand on his sword, the mercenary casually leaned up against the doorway as the man approached.

"Sorry, friend! Door seems to be locked. No one's wanted in willy-nilly, apparently. Before I knock for entry, may I ask you about the town? I've had no guards nor folk to speak to since my arrival. I don't want to disturb any meetings that may be in session..." he ended his inquiry with a trailed off excuse and waited for any response.

He held his ground against the door, keeping both the strange woman and the shambling man in direct eyesight.
Immortal Warrior
$ James 40 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 02/01 17:28
None
""I am sorry." The man said. He put a hand to his bloody head. "I think I was robbed. My head hurts and I can not remember anything about myself or where I am." He moved a little closer so he could see their faces.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 02/02 02:36
The woman whipped around
faster than could be followed with her hand beneath her cloak, obviously grasping something...possibly weapon, possibly something else.

She glanced quickly at the bloodied man then her eyes narrowed as they focused on the man leaning against the doorway to the tavern. She edged backward away from the window and into the shadows. One hand clutched still, but the other hand tugged fiercely at her hood. As she covered her hair, she stepped back even further from the two men by the tavern door.

She stepped lightly as she continued backwards until she reached the corner of the building, and swiftly moved around the edge.

''That was close'' she thought to herself as she whirled quickly and moved to the back of the tavern. She approached the next corner and peeked quickly around the back of the building. She pulled her head back and leaned against the weathered wood on the side. Her hand grasped under her cloak even tighter as she murmured some quick words...whether praying or casting spells was not discernible before the shadow of a large being cast itself over her.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 02/02 03:03
None
So strange.

"Well..." the mercenary said heavily as the woman darted away. He turned to the shaking man and crossed his arms, removing his hand from his weapon. The guy was unarmed, anyway.

"Don't remember a thing? Typical of a serious head injury, my friend. Even more of a reason to get inside the place..."

He turned and examined the door before him. Utterly shut with no way in.

Hrrrmm....Well. There was definitely light coming from inside. No one usually left torches burning or candles aflame in the dead of night without supervision. Plenty of tales of lost lives to an unexpected fire.

But no one came to investigate the pounding on the door nor did anyone come to answer their voices they could easily hear from the inside (should anyone actually be in there).

...You know. The mercenary forgot the most important part of gaining entry to any building.


He politely knocked on the door and waited for any answer. Certainly such a civilized gesture should garner some attention from the local villagers.
Immortal Warrior
$ James 40 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 02/03 21:12
OOC: With all this susspence and mystery I am a little inti
The man looked about the eery town. He had a very bad feeling about what happened here. The woman scrambled away at the sight of him. He wondered if she knew him,or if she knew he had something to do with the town and its silence.

He took a few steps forward to get a better look at the big man by the door. "Do you know how I..."

He stopped speaking as he passed a window into the building and squinted his eyes to peer in...
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 02/05 03:29
The polite knock on the front door
took the sorceress' attention for a moment as it did the shadow looming over her, as the shadowed head turned to the same side.

''Shhhh'' the sorceress whispered. A faint snarl replied to her as if to say ''I KNOW when to be quiet''.

They both listened for three heartbeats for a response. When none came, the two looked at each other; she looked up several feet and red eyes gleamed down at her as the head turned slowly back.

''I asked you to give me more time!!'' the woman hissed. Another faint snarl answered her as the shadow moved even closer, lowering its head.

''Oh come on...you knew it was imperative that I come alone. Couldn't you wait just another day...'' she began. The shadow reared back, it's jaws open as if to roar. A quick kick from the woman into the shadow and the jaws snapped shut, only to open again enormously to show tens of sharpened teeth as the shadow began to inhale for a tremendous sound.

''Hugs!'' whispered the woman and as the jaws shut swiftly shut, exhaling through its snout and shadows of wings swept swiftly around the woman pulling her from the wall and into the shadows.

Soft huffing came from the large shadow as well as soft murmurings from the woman for a few moments.

Pulling away gently, the woman patted the shadow on its cheek and whispered ''I must check out that door. Please, hide yourself. I will let you know if I need your assistance.'' She waited while the shadow released her, then growling faintly moved deeper into the shadows of the forest. Red eyes watched her intently.

The woman turned her back on the eyes and the shadows and crept silently along the back of the tavern towards the service entrance. No windows on the back side of the building, therefore no light. A small green ball suddenly appeared in her hand, and as it began to glow the woman bent to peruse the lock on the door. A bent handle and door frame confirmed her thoughts, and she hid the light in her cloak.

One hand grasped the handle as the other reached under her cloak.

A sudden commotion at the front of the tavern made her hesitate and listen...


TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 02/05 18:05
None
"I have no idea how you anything, good sir. I'm new in town, looking for work," the mercenary said, leaving out the verb in response to the unfinished question. The mercenary knocked again; this time, a bit harder.

"Soon as the owners of the place get off their rumps and at the very least inform me of what's going on, the sooner we can get you assistance for that injury of yours." The mercenary made a grumbling sound after he finished speaking, frustrated at the lack of a response from the tavern. I mean, come on! Request for medical assistance was very, very important!

"...Perhaps it would be better to move on. I'm only so good with herbs and such, so bear with me when..." the mercenary stopped mid-sentence as he turned to see the man staring into the window of the tavern.

...His curiosity finally won out. Politeness aside, the mercenary walked over to the window and bent over to take a gaze inside.

Aha! Movement! Seemed to be just an individual roaming around. Weird kind of movement; probably sleepy.

...No. This was a tavern. Definitely drunk.

"Great. No worries my friend, your life is more important than any job opportunities I'm about to lose. Let me handle the man's drunk rage afterwards and we'll get you some help." The mercenary steeled himself as he rose from the window and walked back to the front door. He took a deep breath, stepped back, and brought his steel up to kick at the door with a great force.

The door, of course, didn't budge. He was certain there was some sort of barrier behind it; you didn't kick a wooden door and it not move an inch. But the door frame certainly moved and he heard the promising sounds of splintering wood.

"Alright in there! Sorry I have to smash down your door, but you leave me no choice!" the mercenary yelled, to warn anyone on the other side.

In retrospect, he could've easily just gone from home to home in search of someone who actually could help. But on top of of rude it is to wake people up in the middle of the night (you want people to actually like you to consider hiring you), the mercenary felt as if this village was far too dangerous to wander around in. Not to mention his overwhelming curiosity at what lay behind this door.

He kicked again, this time the entire door moved. And glowed.

Ah. Someone bound the door with a spell. Fantastic.

"Great. I get to explain to a drunk, doorless mage on why I broke into his tavern." the mercenary said to himself, chuckling in fear. Mages were tough customers and angry ones were ridiculously hard to calm down.

Drunk mages were the worst.

He hesitated for a moment, running through a few phrases and explanations to avoid getting fried immediately. After confidently deciding that nothing would help the situation, he kicked hard one final time.

The door frame shattered and the enchanted door fell right onto the floor. With the door gone, the tavern lights illuminated the outside and the doorway in which the mercenary stood.

The fallen door immediately shot straight up into the air as soon as it hit the wooden floor below it, smashing against the ceiling with a force great enough to nearly crash through the second floor of the building.

A Force Trap. Most likely set for anyone who got past the magical door. Anything alive would've either died instantly or have just about every bone in their body broken.

"All I wanted was a job..." the mercenary said sadly, wondering if he was going to survive the night.
Immortal Warrior
$ James 39 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 02/05 19:55
None
The man noticed a green glow from inside the building just as the mercenary started to bang on the door. The man looked around to see if there was anyone inside or around as they made noise no one could ignore.

"Alright in there! Sorry I have to smash down your door, but you leave me no choice!" the mercenary yelled as he slammed hard into the door.

The man heard a growling sound. "Hello?" He asked into the shadows from where the sound originated.

He took a few wobbly steps towards the side of the building near some trees. The splash of green light mildly illuminated the scene but not enough to make anything out.

He could see more glowing around the back, and heard more growling.

CRASH! Wood splinted into the night as the door shattered beneath the force of the mercenary causing the man to jump.

"What do you see?" He asked over his shoulder. Not quite resigned to turn his back on the shadows, yet not brave enough to continue forth.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 02/06 03:37
The bangs and crashes from the front of the tavern
made the woman hesitate, then withdraw slowly from the back entrance to the tavern. She stepped cautiously, looking not only at the enticing door, but also where her boots were placed as she moved step by step backwards towards the shadowed woods.

She gained their stealthy shadows and let both arms relax, and took a deep breath. That had been close.

She took long, steadying breaths before she acknowledged the shadow that had come to stand behind her.

''All right. We need to rethink what we have here. Quit crowding me, and let me think!'' she hissed. Crouched in the dark shadows, she waited, wondering what exactly they had gotten into this time.

''A force field'' she sighed. ''I thought perhaps we were just going to be able to spend a FEW quiet days. But now they are ahead of us again. We could leave, but we have endangered more people so we are required to stay. Next time, I will NOT listen to you and will continue on my own way. You will have to learn to be an adult and take care of things on your own...stop it!'' she hissed again. ''No sad stories of not being able to care for yourself. You are almost of age, and no one should need to hold your hand...erm...claw...whatEVER! any longer. This is absolutely the last time, and only if we survive it. Now hush and let me think...and listen,'' she warned quietly.

The darkness grew even darker, and she watched as the green glowing light faintly illuminated the door handle that had so enticed her.

She heard very little, and then the wind kicked up, drowning out all other sounds.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 02/07 02:52
People Were Here Once.
"Well..." the mercenary said, peering into the empty tavern from the doorway, not wanting to risk his life quite yet. "Nothing. There's not a soul in sight."

But of course, there should be. He saw through the window someone.

The mercenary lifted his foot to step inside, but held his foot right over the wooden floor of the tavern. He was truly scared to set it down.

"If I die, stranger, be sure to get the blast out of here. Take anything you need from my body and run back toward where I came from. A few days' walk should get you to the last town I visited." And he knew for a fact people still lived there.

He placed his foot down and tensed up, ducking his head low. Seconds passed without anything happening, so he brought his other foot along and stepped fully inside the tavern.

...So far, so good.

Taking a better look on either side of the tavern, he noticed that the chairs of tables of the place were recently used. Scooted all around and moved at angle for a person to sit, the chairs were not put up for the night and the tables weren't wiped off, either. Glasses and plates littered the tables themselves, but there were no traces of food or drink left in them, far as he could tell.

"Alright, I got a better look. And I'm still alive, so that's good too," he called outside to the man. "Looks like people were here, but cleared out. Doesn't look like they were in a rush, but simply drawn out from this room in the tavern..." The lighting in the place came from candles on every table; all burning low and some start to stutter out. More light came from the chandelier hanging from the center of the room from the ceiling, likewise full of candles, also burning low.

Well, where did everyone go? He saw someone through the window...

Taking a few cautious steps in, he quickly decided that the traps were over with and started wandering around the place, looking for clues.

The mercenary did notice the stairs leading upward onto the second floor in the far left corner of the building (undoubtedly leading up to rooms for anyone who would pay), but figured he'd do one thing at a time.

"Not dead," he repeated to the man outside. "You can come in, if you so risk it."

'Risk it' because there was definitely something here. But not present. If that makes sense.

He came across the back door of the building and paused. He withdrew a coin and back-pedaled a little bit away from the door. He tossed the coin right in front of the door.

The Force Trap crackled and shot the coin across the room. Grinning with victory, the mercenary enjoyed a second of satisfaction at his discovering of another deadly trap right before that same coin he threw nailed him in the forehead.

The pain was ridiculous and he collapsed on the spot, rubbing and scratching at the horrible pain on his head.

"GYAHAHRGH!" he yelled, eyes blinded by the sharp impact of a high velocity coin.

So much for that victory. Gah, it stings!
Immortal Warrior
$ James 39 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 02/07 03:18
OOC: little suspenseful comedy
The man began to back up towards the door of the tavern, not fully prepared to take his eyes of the ominous shadows. As he moved he could swear they swayed as if alive.

"There is something wrong here." He tole the other man as he entered the tavern.

He looked over at the man to see him rubbing his forehead. "Is there something in here too?" He asked before crouching down.

The man noticed a knife on the table and grabbed it, keeping its blade between him and the from door. Not fully trusting the forces outside to stay there.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 02/07 03:36
The crash and bangs in the tavern
just behind the back door startled the woman, and she crouched even deeper into the shadows.

She heard a yell, and then another voice speaking more calmly. She waited another minute and when nothing untoward happened stepped out of the shadows and cautiously approached the back door.

The glow from the handle had dissipated so she slowly turned the handle with a gloved hand, the other hand grasping a weapon beneath her cloak. The handle gave way easily and she pushed the door inwards, still hesitant to enter.

As the door swung fully open, she saw two men: one on the floor with his hand to his forehead and the other crouched beside him with a knife held at the ready.

She darted quickly forward, and pushed the crouched man onto his back, his knife clattering away from his hand. She flung herself to the side, her back against the wall and her weapon drawn. The black blade of her sword glistened in the candlelight as she glanced from side to side to see if other forces were in play.

Seeing none, she watched as the now disarmed man struggled to his feet and the stranger on the floor took his hand away from his forehead to stare at her. A rather large lump was showing on his head and she hissed to him, ''Are you seriously damaged? Did HE do that to you?'' Her sword dipped to point at the second man.

Beyond the open back door, the shadows were moving swiftly and not just from the wind. A brief flare of fire lit the dark forest before screams and growls were heard in the tavern.

The woman smiled grimly but kept her sword moving between the two men as if to ask which was the worst threat.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 02/07 04:15
Half Empty, Half Full
The mercenary recognized the woman immediately and risked getting to his feet.

"My injury was the thanks I get for making sure your head wasn't part of the ceiling. You're welcome." Standing up fully now, he looked to the back, where lights flashed and screams were heard.

"So...I guess I can kind of figure out what happened to the villagers." He stared directly at the sorceress, not even bothering to go for his weapon.

He felt so stupid. The tavern was protected against her. He literally just gave the murdering mage access to an area utterly closed to her. Doubtless the last remaining villagers, who she had probably kept hostage for information regarding the barriers, were no longer useful. Hence the screams and light.

This doubly meant magical forces outside; should they somehow manage to escape her grasp, they would not get far.

"Look, I'm just a traveler. I don't know what these people did to deserve your ire, but know that I've played no part in it; in fact, I aided you in entering the building. So, if you would just allow my friend and I to leave in peace, we would greatly appreciate it." The mercenary starting a very cautious and slow walk over to the shaky man's position.

He had a few tricks, but nothing to stop a competent magic user. If she'd just let them go...
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 02/09 03:52
The woman stared at him
and if she had allowed it, her jaw would have dropped. Fortunately she had enough control to keep her teeth clenched tightly as she processed what he had just said. The irony of the situation suddenly hit her and she dropped the point of her sword and shook with silent laughter. It became so intense that she had to hold her side firmly to keep herself in place until the laughter finally came bubbling out. She fought to control it, but after all that had happened the last few days it finally took over completely as she sank to the floor, her sword resting on her knees. Her dark hair fell over her face as she gave into the hysteria.

The flames and cries of anguish dwindled to nothing in the dark forest, and the mercenary watched with caution as she slowly gathered herself together. He had by now reached the other stranger, and when she raised her head she saw them both watching her with caution.

''Sorry'' she murmured. ''It has been a long week...'' she began before she obviously got a grasp on herself and slid back up the wall, swiftly bringing the sword to bear on the two men crouched together.

She frowned as she gazed upon them, her thoughts winging out to the forest. She kept quite still for a few moments as if listening to someone, then nodded and focused once again on the two men.

''You will move no further, and you will answer questions honestly'' she said with a firmness not usually heard from women in this day and age.

''First, which of you holds the key?'' she asked with a glint of new anger in her voice.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
$ James 38 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 02/09 05:24
None
The man stood up on shaky legs and tried to steady himself on a chair nearby. His head still hurt a bit and the fall made him dizzy, making standing quite the feat at the moment.
He looked at the woman with a confused look, "Key to what?"
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 02/11 02:32
With black eyebrows raised,
the woman stared at him with her dark eyes. The sword continued to move gently back and forth between the two men.

She waited, and one booted foot tapped her impatience against the tavern floor.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 02/11 02:33
The Key to Madness
The mercenary helped the man get to his feet, dried blood crumbling over his bare hands. He'd ask him to sit, but...an attempted escape may be required in a moment. The woman laughed for some time before ceasing, either indicating madness, or utter joy at their helplessness.

She appeared very confident in her abilities and, most noticeably, did not let them go.

Instead, she asked for a key. The shaky man's answer was the expected one, "Key to what?", but different people take that answer differently. It could either imply ignorance or a play at ignorance. A very risky move when in the presence of a hostile mage.

But the woman left out quite a few details regarding this 'key'. This gave the mercenary a bargaining chip; one of information. But he was in no position to bargain. He knew nothing of any key and even less of what the witch before him sought.

He had to step himself up in that position, first. That required knowledge of both the key and the object needing unlocked.

"Many things can be a key, miss. The key to a door is one of metal. The key to digging a hole is a shovel. The key to victory in war is a strong army." The mercenary chose his words carefully and spoke as politely as he had been from the start.

"Without proper specification, I'm afraid I'm going to have to answer, "I hold the key". For you see, I hold many keys in my possession and denying to hold 'the key' would be an injury against my honor, as I do not lie." The mercenary smiled as he answered, watching the woman and her every move.

He started to feel a little more confident in their chances of survival.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 02/12 03:31
``Let me tell you a brief story``
replied the sorceress. Her sword was held unwaveringly towards the two men.

''I would suggest that you both take a seat,'' she said as two chairs suddenly moved behind the men and shoved them behind their knees. They both abruptly sat down, both began to struggle up, both beheld her sword still swaying gently between the two of them. Both men relaxed gently into their appointed chairs and the sorceress smiled grimly at them.

''Better,'' she declared before leaning against the wall behind her, the sword now making random patterns in the air before her but its point still definitely directed between the two men.

''As the old stories all begin, it was an age of light and darkness. Every living being was chosen by the powers of that age to serve them. They either served the light, or they served the dark. The beings were given no choice, but the powers chose wisely. Neither of them wanted a traitor, so the inherent strengths and weaknesses of each being was weighed and measured. Those that showed more of one type of strength versus the other were quickly selected by the appropriate power.''

The sorceress cast her gaze upon first one and then the other man, seeming to sum up their strengths. She shrugged, and lightened her gaze for a moment. ''I was not one of those to make those decisions, so let us just say that they both chose wisely who would serve them.''

''A few, very VERY few, were not of the light or of the dark. The question then became 'What do we do with them?' Of course, the answer was clear: Let them fight each other until there is a victor.''

She shuddered suddenly, but the sword point never wavered. From the dark forest came a sudden tremendously loud roar, and light flashed across the night sky. The sorceress stood rigid for a moment before muttering some apparent curses and demands. The night quieted again and she glared at the two men.

''We do not have much time and this story takes too long. Despite your sly words, I fear that I do not know which of you might hold the key. My...companion...in the forest suggests either slaying you both or flaying the skin from you, I cannot tell clearly. Neither option is appealing to me without answers to certain questions, but others approach that would disrupt either of those options,'' she said quickly.

She turned abruptly on her feet and before either man could breathe she was out the door and into the shadows.

There were roars, flares of fire and much shouting along with the screams for several minutes. Eventually all the sounds and lights died out, leaving the two men in the darkness in the tavern.

02/12 03:33: Edited by TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
$ James 38 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 02/12 08:13
None
The wounded man simply stared at where the woman had gone, "Was there a point to all the threats?" He asked his new companion.

He did now know if they should stay or leave. The woman obviously seemed frightened of something. "Should we run away too?" He asked before his first question could be answered.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 02/13 01:48
Enemies, Allies, and those in the Middle
The mercenary got up and stretched his legs a bit. That little bump on the back of the leg hurt.

"Well..." the mercenary started, "She wants something. Her story sheds no light on the subject, save hinting at a conflict not our own." He went over to the open door to peek out of it. After a short look, he closed the door and walked over to the front door.

"What she wants is important enough to not risk killing us, even at the request of her ally. She could easily loot our bodies after slaying us for the key, but did not. What does this mean? That her enemies are smart. If she thought us simple, we would be dead." He didn't say it, but he gave himself credit for that. His words had just the effect he wanted; their prolonged existence.

"As for leaving..." he said, tone turning grim. "From the sounds of her departure, we have three options: One, follow her into the night. That may seem a little...unproductive, but we already know she won't kill us. That seems the safest option, considering she's a magic wielder. But, we would probably get caught up in whatever evil she is doing. Those were not screams of joy outside moments ago."

He peeked out the front door, looking from side to side, before closing that as well. He then proceeded to take the candles and torches from their places; they were cool by now, after the sorceress had blown them out.

"Option two: stay here and wait out the night. This risks confrontation with something threatening to the witch herself; bad part is, it may not be as friendly to us as she was. If there's no confrontation, however, day time will see our backs to this place."

The mercenary came back to sit beside the shaky man, small pack a little heavier with candles.

"Last option is to strike out into the darkness by ourselves. We know of two forces lurking out there and the near-full moon would illuminate our travels, as well as ay approaching enemies. It'd be a risk. If successful, we can wash our hands of this nonsense, you literally once we find a stream, and get to a town with live people in it." The mercenary sat there in the darkness, listening and waiting for anything to happen.


"I, personally, vote for pursuing the witch. As much as I disliked such rude company, she may be our best shot to staying somewhat alive. However, I am but a visitor and no one will miss a lone mercenary. You don't even know who you are." The mercenary did feel bad for the guy; the least he could do was stay with him until he got his memory back. Something a healing mage should be able to accomplish.

"So, I differ to you, kind sir. My three options certainly should not restrict your own thoughts. If you have a better solution then mine, by all means, I'll follow you as fast as I can." He smiled in the dark, knowing no one could see.

But it made him feel better.

02/13 01:53: Edited by «Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Immortal Warrior
$ James 38 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 02/13 06:31
None
The magic that had been wielded made the man feel slightly more rejuvenated, making pursuing the witch a better option than the other two. The man although feeling better physically felt mentally exhausted.

"If you want to follow the witch I am with you." The man said standing, "I have seen no one alive in town and the noise we caused troubled nobody enough to investigate. I may not be from this town either."

For all he knew he was a traveler ambushed by these people, if there were people in town. He walked around the bar and into the kitchen to gather bread, cheese, and wine-skins into a burlap sac to travel with.

"Ready when you are." He said to the mercenary.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 02/13 16:55
Jumping out of Safety
"Alright! She went out this way; let us hope she is the first we meet."

The mercenary and the man (who looked much better and is no longer shaking) made their way to the back door; the door the sorceress fled out of.

"Okay. Thing's might get testy outside. So, take this," the mercenary took out one of his daggers he had in his backpack and handed it to the man. "It's no sword, so if we find ourselves in trouble, hide and use it only when you have to. Unless you get a good opportunity to strike. Use your own judgment. If we find ourselves in serious trouble, that should help you fend off any animals on your way to a nearby town."

The mercenary steeled himself for what the night may bring and decided that lighting a torch would be folly. They would seek out the mage, not attract all the powers to their location.

"Time to go."


The mercenary opened the back door and the two men quietly, but swiftly, darted out into the village.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 02/14 03:23
The forest was finally quiet.
The sorceress stepped quickly yet cautiously as her eyes watched for twigs and dead branches that might snap under her light footsteps. She moved through the shadows avoiding the light shone from the almost full moon. She paused at the edge of a clearing a hundred feet across. She swiftly sought alternate paths, but the undergrowth was thick and would catch on her clothing and probably give away her location with the branches she would step on.

Gathering her cloak in one hand and her black sword in the other, she took once more glance around and then moved quickly to cross the open space. Two steps into the clearing loud screams that sounded almost human erupted from the air above her. ''Damn!'' she muttered as she looked skyward, the one place she had neglected to look. Sure enough, a dozen dark shapes swirled above the clearing, screaming as if murdered.

''You black fiends! I curse you back to your master!'' she screamed to the sky.

With dark puffs of smoke, the shapes disappeared. The sorceress sighed to herself. ''So much for stealth'' she grated between her teeth, angry that she had been so well set up. She ran, heedless of the noise she made, across the open area and darted several feet into the dark forest before pausing a moment in an especially dark space. She held still for a few moments, catching her breath and listening.

Nothing moved and nothing made a sound. That frightened her more than anything she had encountered the last fortnight and she stayed where she was, eyes wide...listening.

Towards the town she heard crashing and stomping. Obviously the two men from the tavern were headed her direction. She smiled grimly wondering if they would survive the night in the forest, then turned her gaze 90 degrees and sank down to the ground. She held her sword tightly and quieted her heart and breathing. Perhaps, if she was lucky, what hunted her would hunt the men instead.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 02/17 04:00
Night is so Dark
Walked on in the moonlight, peering to and fro nearly constantly. He awaited attack from any side, but all he received is silence.

No sounds at all.

They were being watched; he could feel the eyes. Great.

They were right outside the last of the villages, starting to head into the trees. The moonlight was blocked out in many areas before them and behind. Anything that used the shadows to move were safe. The sorceress proved highly elusive and could easily be the one watching them.

But then, so could her allies. And the malevolent beings she spoke of, as well. All quiet. All watching.



The mercenary didn't like these terms. They weren't his terms.

"Good friend, what I do next should most definitely alarm you. However, be assured it is in our best interest. We are still men of value to the sorceress and yet she eludes us. We must force her hand." Not just her hand, but the hand of the other forces as well. Fear crept into the mercenary's heart as he reached into his pack for a torch and flint.

He lit the torch and the area immediately basked in the dim flow of fire. The shadows parted as they should...

Save for a few. Those few lagged behind the natural shadows by mere instants. Slow enough for the mercenary to know that they were not quite innocent.

"Quickly, take this torch and keep it close. Be ready to use it as a weapon, but please to do not let it go out." He offered the torch to the man he just met maybe an hour ago and trusted his life with him.

"If this works, be sure to run to the sorceress's side. Not straight at her, not a curved path, but straight to her side by a few feet. We don't want to seem to be attacking."


The mercenary waited on the man, ready to answer any questions or listen to any thoughts. Because this might be his last chance for a while.

Or ever.
Immortal Warrior
$ James 38 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 02/17 08:25
None
The man took the torch, he could feel something in the air. Like back in in the tavern, it made him feel... healthy. He looked around unsure if he should voice his worries about this wild woman and her allies, and enemies.

"Are we sure she is not just leading us out here to be bait, hoping her pursuers pursue us instead?"

He also felt confused on why he was feeling better. It worried him that he could be healing and feeling energies, maybe it was adrenaline?
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 02/17 17:04
None
"No, I'm not sure. Which is why I'm doing this." The mercenary took out a torch of his own and lit it. Hefting it up to chase away the shadows, he cleared and said in a very loud voice, "HEY!"

He thought for a moment, to see if this is really what he wanted to do. But he had no other choice; they were certainly dead if they continued further into this occupied forest.

"Sorceress! I found that key that you wanted! Go ahead, I don't see any bad guys around here; you can come out! It;s right here, in my pocket!"

The mercenary waited for whatever happened next.

Hopefully something. Then he'd have facts to work with. If nothing happened...
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 02/23 04:27
She stood silently and waited...
smiling grimly at the mercenary's shout. If only he knew...

She listened and stilled her entire body until she appeared to be one with the forest...not breathing yet not dead.

Finally she heard the sounds that told her that she and the two unaware men were not the only things in the forest. She took a long silent breath in and then whispered, as if to the moss on the trees ''Your pocket cannot contain the key I seek...but your mind might''.

She sent the whisper on a light breeze to be heard only by the two men. Only one of them would show the reaction that would confirm that he was the one sought by 'them' and therefore was the one she must save.

Her eyes closed, she waited again without showing any signs of life. She waited for the breeze to waft past the two, sharing her words.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
$ James 38 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 02/23 06:40
None
He waited in dark. He did not know why or how but he could sense the magic of the place, or beasts coming to and from shadows.

His companion called into the night, trying to get a reaction out of the sorceress. Neither of them knew anything about this key or its purpose, only that the key was important to the woman in the woods.

He could sense something making its way to them. A small breeze, made bu magic. How he knew this he did bit know, but he knew. It carries with it a message.

As the message made it way to them he could feel the magic weaken. His body seemed to absorb it, faster as it got closer.

The message 'Your pocket cannot contain the key I seek...but your mind might' did not fully make it to them. His body absorbed the message and the breeze and he knew the message even without the words.

"She says the key is our minds, or in our minds." He told the mercenary. "She sent a message magically."

The man waited silently for the warriors response.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 02/24 02:26
Magical Paper Airplane Note
The mercenary watched as the shadows around him got more defined and solid. Still dark and evasive with little shape, though. Still seemed to swirl like a gaseous liquid.

Not how shadows are supposed to act, anyway.

"She says the key is our minds, or in our minds," his ally said next to him, suddenly. The mercenary gave him a questioning look. "She sent a message magically."

He thought about that for a moment before shrugging. "Surrounded by mages, am I. If she can send you magical messages, you must have a strand of magical talent in you, sir. 'Tis a fine thing, but this limits my role. I know not whether you speak to the sorceress or the rival power's trickery." He then unsheathed his sword; a loud scrap of metal upon metal rang into the silent night. They've been out there long enough to warrant getting ready to fight.

"Did she say anything else in her message? Perhaps her location, a safe path out of the forest, or....?" If that was the extent of the message, it would be unclear who sent it to his now-magical friend. Not much to go on, with that.

And he had little skill with magic. Only enchanted items, a few of which in his possession are in need of charging, anyway.

And the shadows still watched. Just as before.



...Maybe they should've stayed in the village. Far easier to defend from a doorway than from all sides in the bare night.

In fact, they might just return if the sorceress proves too evasive and unwilling to show herself. Or, the mercenary might. Only if his friend agrees. It would be unkind to leave the man on his own, without a clue of who he is.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 02/24 04:06
The black of the forest suddently erupted
with red flame shooting everywhere and nowhere.

Screams sounded as 'things' flared into sky high blue flashes of light then quickly snuffed out. All around the forest the blue lights flared as the screams increased.

''Come this way'' a tall female figure said quietly from the darkest shadow, but easily heard by the two men standing in shock. ''Hurry and follow'' it said before turning to stride quickly through the trees. No blue flashes were close to the figure or the path she took. She looked briefly behind her to see if the two were following, but not waiting, continued briskly stepping through the underbrush.

''If you hesitate, I cannot ensure your safety'' she said from the farthest reach of sight the men had. ''But I assure you that there are others that would love to have you...for dinner or play...or perhaps play first and then dinner...'' A peal of laughter followed that statement as the figure continued to move further from sight. ''You best hurry...my 'friend' grows impatient!''

Another flash of red light and flame came bellowing down from the sky, torching even more 'things' that erupted with the blue light. Those blue flashes were appearing ever nearer to the two men.

She paused and looked back once more. She hated all the drama, but telling them the truth of things would not get them moving as much as this.

''All right! I've tried to move them along! Just don't do more than give them a slight tan, okay?'' she thought at the sky. One glance overhead showed her that her 'friend' had heard her, but she had no guarantees that he would abide by her wishes. She sighed heavily and continued in her chosen direction hoping the two men were as talented as she had perceived.


TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 03/03 04:42
It's like fireworks, but those aren't invented yet.
His question went unanswered. The sky suddenly thundered and the dark night lit up with reds and yellows. Above the fiery colors, blue wisps and flashes darted back and forth over the treeline.

Magic on quite the scale.

Before any reaction other than wonder and shock could be seen, a tall woman erupted from the nearby shadows and called to them. "Come this way," it said. It then darted right into the trees. "Hurry and follow", could be heard at its retreat.

Oh, thanks. We'll just glide effortlessly through the forest. Over fallen trees, huge roots, and the fire that just seemed to appear from nowhere...

The mercenary shrugged and looked at his ally, raising an eyebrow and tilting his head in a I-guess-that's-the-sorceress-we-should-probably-follow, sort of fashion. All he got back was a stare and...were the man's eyes glowing a little? No. Must be the reflections from the lights.

"I'm going to assume that that's her. Vague, telling us to run away, and not giving us much of an option to do much else." Horrid reasoning and worse decision making, but he was kind of limited on routes at the moment. He starting a brisk pace toward the tall female (hopefully the sorceress) and kept his sword out, waiting for a chance to use it.

He could only assume his ally followed.

''If you hesitate, I cannot ensure your safety'' she said from the farthest reach of sight they had. ''But I assure you that there are others that would love to have you...for dinner or play...or perhaps play first and then dinner...'' A peal of laughter followed that statement as the figure continued onward. ''You best hurry...my 'friend' grows impatient!''

The mercenary gave the tall female a very flat look. He wasn't about to sprint. The flames around him were actually hitting the blue...energy...things before they got near them. The collided and clashed, making quite the light show. His friend was doing the smart thing and cautiously moving forward at a steady, yet paced...pace.

Why should they move faster? Why should they trust her? Who's keeping them alive and who's trying to kill them? Does the other side even care?

"Sick and tired of this nonsense..." the mercenary grumbled to himself, keeping his blade ready and eyes keen as they followed the female.

But not tired enough to risk just sprinting out into that sea of fire and blue. Not yet, anyway.
Immortal Warrior
$ James 38 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 03/03 20:37
None
The man ran behind the mercenary. He kept pace easily enough. The magics above them seemed to feed him, giving the man a seemingly endless supply of energy.

The creatures of magic in the forest did not come close to him. Moving further away as he neared, They could sense him draining them, growing weaker as he gained strength.

The man didn't know why he was starting to feel better, he could sense the magics a bit but not well enough to know he was draining them. He didn't know if he should be happy or worried about his accelerated healing and renewed energy.

No matter what he should have been feeling he felt nervous. Worried his new companion would abandon him because he was some kind of feak magical creature.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 03/05 03:42
She turned, and briefly smiled at the two men
following her path. They might be able to make it through the night if they would just continue to be guided by her.

She stopped abruptly, surprised at the change of landscape from when she had entered the village. When she had passed this way, what? just a few hours ago, the slope led gently down to the green pastures with livestock feeding contentedly.

Now? There was a drop of a few hundred feet. No green grass, no trees, nothing alive was left. The immediate area in front of her was desolate, roiling with steaming poisonous gases and pits of fire. What was going on here? She turned her gaze from side to side, but the landscape did not change. ''So, you have returned to our world,'' she thought and lava spewed from one of the holes in the earth below her. ''We shall have to see if we cannot take care of that in very short order or this world will cease to exist, yes?'' she questioned with her mind. An answer screamed through her awareness, ''YES YOU WILL ALL CEASE TO EXIST EXCEPT AS MY BEINGS!!''

Shuddering slightly, she turned back to the two men, one cautious and the other seeming to gain energy from the magic surrounding the area. They did not seem to be minions of 'it' but who could tell? They seemed to be better and better at hiding their true natures, these creatures of his.

She thrust her staff into the barren earth and loosened her sword in its sheath. 'Truth or dare' she muttered to herself. 'Which of these holds the key and which is the traitor?'

She readied herself at the edge of the precipice. The two men came steadily forward, and she closed her eyes for a moment, thinking 'The prophecies did not indicate TWO men!'

A flash of lightening glimmered through her eyelids in the direction of the village, but she did not move. She waited patiently...much more patiently than one of these men. ''What has made you want to hurry quite so much, and be so impatient?'' she wondered to herself.

She hoped she did not know the answer, for her answer meant death for that man.

She waited.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 03/07 02:37
Eye of the Storm
He looked past the woman (now obviously the sorceress, but one always has a healthy doubt) at the cracking rock and boiling lava before her.

Yikes.

The woman had ceased movement, despite the continuing light show and the rather horrid looking land beyond (which he really hoped she did not decide to tread).

He looked back behind him and from side to side, checking that his ally was still around and that the forest behind them still existed. If any enemies were approaching or anything...

Well, he wasn't waiting for something to happen. Now was his chance.

"We followed you out here, in the hopes you would elaborate on this...threat you face, sorceress." the mercenary said, standing a little behind her as she held onto her staff. "But as you stated before, your tale took too long to tell. Indeed, you didn't wish to expand on it without answers to your very own questions. I offer you now my answers to your questions in exchange for understanding of the position my friend and I are in at the moment, if I am able." He paused for a moment, thinking of any faults that may be had.

"If, however, the answers you seek I cannot provide and information you withhold will be withheld until such time as you discover these answers, I would ask but one favor of you, if you would be so kind."


He glanced behind him at his only friend this entire night and said, "This man needs some help; lost memory, you see. I believe he's magically attuned, as well. Keep him safe and help him to restore his memory, for I would be loathe to see him fall into the hands of a hostile party of bandits or...whoever 'they' are who had 'found us', earlier."


It was time he departed. Magic stuff always got a little intense and non-magic users were generally considered pawns and highly expendable. He had to live with being expendable enough as it was; being a mercenary was very thankless and you were always the first to be abandoned.

But he was used to it. This poor man...he was not, far as he could tell. Last thing he was going to do was abandon this man in bad company.

And the sorceress seemed to be the most sympathetic company here, if not exactly 'good'. And far stronger than himself, so the choice of traveling with him or with the sorceress was an obvious one.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 03/12 02:53
She turned and placed her staff in front of her.
''I am sure you have heard of the Sword of Chaos, yes?'' she asked.

Without waiting for a reply she turned her back on him and placed the staff firmly into the ground before her. The landscape in front of her wavered for a moment, almost looking like rolling green pastures before it disappeared again.

''I know where the Sword is located. It must be secured before 'they','' she laughed darkly for a second ''learn the code that will allow the finder to use or destroy it.''

She glanced over her shoulder. ''You and your newly found friend hold the key. I am still not sure which of you knows that code, but without me you will be unable to use that code since you do not know the location of the sword. And if 'they' find you, well...let's just say you won't enjoy your discussions with them.''

Turning to face the desolate wasteland before them, she said softly ''It is a choice to be made between the two of you, but I would suggest you do so quickly. They are right behind you...''

She glanced to the sky, and a huge dark shape swept over all of them.

''Give them a moment to make their decision, and then we will...''

Angry shouts erupted immediately behind the two men, and as she glanced over her shoulder she grimaced. ''They come!''
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
$ James 38 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 03/12 04:50
None
The man looked behind them at 'they'. He didn't know who 'they' were but he was sure he did not want to know. "Let's go with her." He urged his new friend. "'They' don't seem very friendly."
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 03/12 16:07
Go With the Flow
The mercenary dropped his head and arms, exhausted at the night and forlorn at his missed chance of possible escape.

Even worse: the sorceress just informed them of an object of power. With that knowledge, they are now a part of her game until the very finish. Both of them, not just the one with the 'key'.


...But, he needed to concentrate on the then and there. Tired and sore as he may be, it looked like he still had quite the night ahead of him.


"Fine! We will travel alongside you. You haven't killed or tortured us yet, so better you than the unknown," he responded to the sorceress. He glanced behind him and saw swirling shadows of menacing proportions. Rolling his eyes, he swung his sword at the thin air with little effort and muttered, "Got nothing else better to do, anyway." Finally bringing his head and arms back up, he sighed heavily.

Looking back at the sorceress, he gestured his sword at her, carving a tiny circle in the air.


"Lead the way, ma'am."
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 03/13 02:22
She smiled briefly, dimples showing briefly.
''I am so glad you decided to join me. And now...'' she said as she turned to stare at the landscape in front of them, the founts of lava spewing over the blackened rocks and trees. ''A leap of faith, yes?''

She stamped her staff into the ground three times, muttering softly under her breath while the two men crept slowly towards her, wary of their surroundings.

A white (What???WHITE???) mist flowed from the base of the staff and slowly wound its way across the landscape ahead, avoiding the lava flows and larger rocks and trees.

''Follow the mist quickly, as it is only aware of where the hazards currently lay. When they change, the path cannot immediately change so please move with haste,'' the sorceress said as she stepped out over the hillside and then seemed to float above the aforementioned white mist.

''Beyond this dark landscape awaits our futures,'' she called softly.

A dark winged shadow flew over the blackened field of rocks and screeched ever so quietly. The woman glanced up grinning and then continued her march forward, not waiting to see if the two men followed.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
$ James 38 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 03/13 03:57
None
The man looked out over the land confused. The green rolling hills seemed perfectly normal. The lands looked as if they could support a large herd of animals, though he saw none.

He couldn't understand the sorceress's worry, or her mist. The mist dodged and darted ahead of them, as if following a rough and dangerous , versus the tranquil hills they were in. He had trouble following the mist exactly, or even closely.

He looked at the mercenary, who too seemed to follow some unseen paralysis path.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 03/13 04:58
The Floor is Lava
He kept at a brisk pace, following the mist and the sorceress. Muttering under his breath the entire time, he dodged gnarled roots, tumbled over boulders, and hopped over tiny patches of lava the mist decided not to avoid.

In fact, the mist decided not to avoid a lot for some reason.

He glanced back at his partner in crime and was glad he wasn't having such an issue with the landscape.

Otherwise, he just followed the white mist. Now was not a time for information gathering. He said he'd follow and he was doing just that

But he was getting tired. He could go on for a while, but he hoped this night was just about over.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 03/14 01:59
She stepped to the top of a green hill with leafy trees crow
''We are good for a while,'' she stated calmly looking back at the landscape they had just covered.

Waiting for the last of the men to clear the misty path, she stamped her staff three times into the ground.

The path dissolved, the blackened earth returned, and she sighed with pleasure. She moved quickly to the center of the trees and waved her hand in a strange pattern. A fire pit appeared, ablaze with a nice glow. A pot containing savory scents appeared to hang over the fire. Tents suddenly were around the pit, each looking very comfortable.

''Come, my fellow travelers. Enjoy a warm meal by the fire. We have left 'them' behind us...VERY far behind us. The mist helped us travel ten times their best time, so we can have a leisurely dinner and even sleep this evening as long as my 'friend' keeps watch overhead,'' she stated quietly while beckoning the men forward. She glanced up as a huge shadow passed overhead. ''You see? He keeps watch for us even now. Please, join me.''

She set her staff beside her and began to dish out wonderfully scented bowls of whatever was in the pot over the fire. She held the first one out to the men, waiting.

''No worries, my friend!'' she muttered so softly that only the breeze could hear her. ''They follow, and they will tell us what we need to know before morning or you can have your way with them I promise.'' She smiled benignly at the two men, holding out the bowl.

''Surely you are hungry?'' she asked sweetly. ''I swear there is nothing harmful to you in this stew.''
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 03/17 18:24
Borderline Whiplash
Well, that was rather quick. Unlike the beginning of the night, this escape was suddenly just...over. The sorceress stopped, conjured up some tents and such, and was suddenly far warmer than ever before.

She held out a bowl of steaming food, ''Surely you are hungry?'' she asked sweetly. ''I swear there is nothing harmful to you in this stew.''

Still breathing heavily after the run, the mercenary squinted at the stuff in the bowl suspiciously, carefully took it. He smelled it and sloshed it around a bit, checking it out.

Looked okay...but he still had the overwhelming urge to hand it to his friend, instead. Old mercenary instinct of 'if the other guy lives, it's okay'.

But this man was under his protection. The mercenary took a small sip of the soup straight from the bowl. Good tasting stuff, but a little too much spice and not enough meat.

"Well, I didn't explode immediately and using poison with your obvious control over magic would seem rather silly, so..." he held the bowl in his left hand and gestured with his right to his friend; "Might be the only stuff we get for a while. May as well." Without any seats, he decided to just plop himself on the ground taking periodic slurps of soup.

And he watched. The sorceress, her staff, the 'shadow' flying above them, the lands beyond their tent, his ally, and the mage's fire cooking the food so quickly.

He watched and he waited.
Immortal Warrior
$ James 38 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 03/19 20:53
None
The man looked at the sorceresses 'friend', they seemed to stay away. The shadow creatures looked more comfortable trying to scare the mercenary or wade in shadow not far from the camp.

It seemed a little odd to him that they were safe from the thing chasing them. The smaller shadow creatures with them now resembled the bigger ones, so the man wondered if they were were ever in danger from outside forces.

The sorceress watched them both very keenly, no doubt looking for her key. He wondered if he had it, or if he wanted it himself...?

"What is the key?"
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 03/23 03:38
Finally an answer!
''Please, come and sit and we shall share information,'' the woman said.

She scooped up two more bowls of food, placing them on stumps of wood surrounding the fire and pot.

She helped herself to the last one, and sitting on one of the stumps, took a few dainty bites. ''Amazing how wonderful roots can taste with the right herbal seasoning, yes?'' She took one more small bite then set the bowl aside.

Wiping her hands on some grasses growing next to her feet, she settled herself more firmly on the stump while the two men slowly approached and settled into their own bowls.

''The key,'' she sighed. A loud growl came from the shadow flying overhead but she simply shrugged her shoulders and continued watching the two men.

''As I mentioned before, the Sword of Chaos has surely been mentioned to you in tales of heroes, yes?'' Not waiting for a reply she drew her staff towards her and smiled a bit as the two men braced for an apparent onslaught.

Using the staff as a drawing stick, she drew several runes in the dirt before her.

''Do either of you recognize any of these?'' she asked but did not wait for an answer. ''Of course you don't consciously, but what is hidden in your one, or possibly both, of your minds is the 'key'.''

She twisted her shoulders to relieve the kinks caused by the evening, and then her green eyes stared into each of theirs one at a time.

''One of you, I have been told, understands what no others do. One of you knows the secrets held by these runes,'' she stated flatly as her staff circled the symbols drawn in the dirt. ''One of you holds the key to telling this world where the Sword is. And one of you must help me gather that Sword before the Lords of Ancient Darkness take that information from you and gather the Sword for themselves. If they manage to do that, this world will end in terror and your name will be linked with the darkness forever in all worlds.''

She paused and then asked ''Do you now understand?''
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
$ James 38 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 03/23 06:20
None
The man looked down at the dirt. He couldn't quite understand what they ment, but they looked familiar, as if he had known what they meant before... He looked up at the sorceress, "So how will you get to this information?"
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 03/23 20:12
Covered in Dust
The mercenary recognized only one of the runes. Far as he knew, they were pretty symbols used for decorating certain objects and enhancing the looks of flags and crests.

Part of an old language, he was told. Dead and forgotten. No meaning were left in the runes.

The first one he recognized due to it being present in his long-gone family crest. But he didn't care to ponder too deeply; his family wasn't something he wanted to think about.

But his ally asked a good question. He kept silent, finishing up his soup and watching them both closely.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 03/26 00:17
Time to step up to the plate...
Erasing the symbols with her staff, she stood up, watching both men.

''I had hoped that by showing you the runes your hidden memory might be triggered so we could skip the next step and simply find the Sword without much risk.''

''But since the information apparently must be brought from your memory, we must take the next step. Obtaining that information can be quite easy. Or it can be difficult and painful to the point of death,'' she stated calmly.

''There is a cave a little distance from here. In the cave is a chair carved from stone,'' she said, then paused momentarily.

She shivered, then resumed speaking. ''It is said that if a man sits in this chair, the runes will make themselves into a clear map of where the Sword is located.''

The two men were staring up at her, dinner forgotten.

''There is only one slight problem: If the man has a hidden agenda to conquer this world with the Sword and therefore end any goodness that might exist here, the chair will...ummm...be unhappy.''

She took a deep breath before continuing ''BUT, if the man is simply good intentioned and wishing to save this world from the Darkness, the chair will simply...ummm...be happy.''
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
$ James 38 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 03/26 04:14
None
"So will you sit in it first, to see if you make the chair, unhappy? That way we know we can trust you?"
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 03/27 02:00
We Have A Heading!
The mercenary chuckled at that. Clever request.

But he was tired. So tired. If this 'chair' reveals true intentions, then he would happily sit in it to prove that he had no place in this at all. The runes meant nothing to him and this Sword even less.

And if the chair vaporizes him...he was so tired right now, he didn't even care. His problems would be over.

"Fine by me, sorceress. If you so wish, we shall go to the cavern and I will voluntarily sit upon the chair." He fell back up his back, spreading his arms out as he looked at the cloudy sky. It was starting to lighten up.

The night was almost over.

"But after that, I depart. It will be revealed that I have no part in this and we will be in familiar territory."

That is, to say, if his ally is destined to accompany the sorceress, then he'll be safe. Safe enough, anyway. If he is found to also be the wrong man, the mercenary knew a town close enough to not only resupply, but to maybe find a decent job. Not to mention drop the man off at the local mage's place to help with his memory.

He threw his left arm up, holding up his index finger.

"But I do agree with him." His finger bent into the direction of his ally. "You," His finger pointed at the sorceress, "Sit in it first."

His arm fell back to its original position.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 04/05 04:31
Sure
''Well, that is an interesting proposition from two men that cannot defend themselves against all that has happened tonight. And both of you recognizing at least one of the symbols drawn. What did they mean to either of you? And...why did neither of you speak up?''

The sorceress sat back down on the rock behind her and helped herself to some of the simmering stew. She blew gently on the food, not even bothering to look at the men across the fire from her. She took a few small bites before gently setting the bowl and spoon next to the fire pit.

As she stood, she shrugged her shoulders as if trying to relieve the pressures there. Grasping her staff firmly, she looked up at the sky that immediately became pitch black again.

''Obviously there are things known to one or the other, or possibly both, of you. You do not wish to divulge this information freely. You will be forced to give this information in a most unpleasant way that has nothing to do with me unless you come forward by the morrow.''

''We have a few hours before we must move again. And you are wrong on so many counts I cannot even begin to elucidate them. But the first and foremost is that...it is only a male that can sit on the throne,'' she said casually as she turned to face them.

''You...have an option of leaving. FINE! Do so. It is nothing to me...BUT...ONE of you carries the key to saving this world. You may follow me to the throne on the morrow, or you can leave NOW! I have spent more time on this mission trying to save this world than you can imagine, and if you do not think you have the time to step forward and save all you know, then good riddance to you and all your line. I have...I HAD another life but have been in drawn here to try and save you and all you know. If you care not for your world, then good and done. I have other things to do!!!''

She spun quickly around, flinging red and blue flames in every direction as the sky erupted with red flames to echo her words.

She reached one on the tents and flung the flap aside, then whirled towards the two men sitting in front of the campfire.

''Do as you wish! At sunrise I depart...either towards the stone throne with you to save this world or in another direction that has nothing to do with this world or you...and the gods save your world as you know it. ''

She gave a disparaging glance at the mercenary and a sad smile to the wayward traveler before disappearing into the tent before her. The flap closed with a gust behind her as the campfire began to quickly dim.

04/05 04:33: Edited by TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
$ James 38 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 04/05 05:24
None
The wander just sat there as the woman raged on. He wanted to speak up on several things, but could not get a word in. He meant no offense in suggesting the sorceress was a man. How was he supposed to know it was men only?

"I didn't mean to call her a man." He said to the mercenary. "Should I go and apologize? I feel kinda bad I upset her."
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 04/05 14:28
Much Ado About Magic
"No. You're fine. That's what she gets for trying to keep secret as much as she possibly can. Not everyone knows everything." The mercenary's thoughts were racing through his mind, trying to figure out the best course of action.

"Besides," he said as he thought, still staring at the sky, "Far as I can tell, she just lied. There is no magical device in the history of this world that discerns gender. The closest thing I can think of, is Mage Radon's Pregnancy Spell; it determines if a women is pregnant or not. Or Sorceress Lyra's Staff, and that only worked worked for her." He sighed and sat up from his position.

"But I digress. If you feel as if you owe her an apology, then I would encourage you to seek her out and say sorry. Do what you think is right."

"I, on the other hand," he said heavily as he heaved himself up from the ground, "am going to sleep. I'm sickeningly tired and this whole deal should be over after tomorrow. I'll be at your side to the end, sir. Despite my want of returning to what I knew, I said I was going to help get your memory back and that is exactly what I'm going to do."

He paused, taking a look around at the area. Dawn was approaching quickly and this place was still so alien to him.

"We only got a few hours. Anything you want to ask or have my opinion cast upon before I retire?" The mercenary asked, yawning.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 04/09 05:29
And...the sun rises as it always does.
She sat up and stretched, forgetting for the most part the last few days. She yawned as she slowly unfolded from the hard ground, and ground a fist into her back to relieve the ache there. She reached out blindly to grasp her staff, and startled back with a gasp when she felt something hot.

''Oh for the love of the gods!'' she muttered as she looked at the smoldering remains of what had been her staff. She blew on her hand as she checked the blisters, then grumbled as she crawled out of her tent.

The sky had just begun to turn pink with the sunrise, and there were no other motions discernible in the camp. She did not know, and at this point did not care, if the two men were there. She simply needed a hot drink to get her weary mind and body in motion.

She stood, stretched to the sky, then made her way to the campfire that was no longer lit. She sighed, then swirled her index finger over the coals that immediately swirled into flames. ''Better'' she murmured as she set the kettle over the heat. Stirring noises came from inside the other tents around the fire, so she knew the two men were still inside them.

She walked to the edge of the camp and gazed over the landscape that they had swept across the previous evening. Nothing moved.

She turned her gaze to the opposite side of the camp, and her narrowed eyes saw her companion, large as a mountain, snoring as he slept.

''Time to get going'' she thought as loudly as church bells ringing at middle mass in a large temple. Not only did her companion snort himself awake, but both tents on that side of the camp shook with frenzied motions.

''Good! Now we begin the day!'' she said cheerfully as she made her tea and calmly began to carve another staff from one of the saplings surrounding the camp.

''Males to the throne...then one to the sword. Which will it be that survives the day?'' she wondered as she carved swiftly. ''But what if...no!'' she said quietly as she continued to create a new staff. ''Never have there been two males that share the information. But the rules are ever changing...''

She flicked the last bit of wood from her new weapon and clutched it to her breast as she poured three cups of tea. Sipping from one, she stood waiting and wondering as the two men fumbled their way from their tents.

''Good morrow! Tea awaits you and we can be on our way as soon as you can be ready to journey on. I believe that we have been providentially provided this past evening with mounts which I shall be sure are ready to depart as soon and as quickly as you can be ready to ride. Enjoy your tea.'' She smiled and left the men standing just outside their tents. Horses neighed as she approached them, unseen to the men. ''There there...it was a short night but you will be able to reach our destination with no problems...here...here are food and water....and look...there is our guide...'' Her words became more difficult to discern as she moved further away from the camp.


04/09 05:32: Edited by TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á»Kasumi Ryuuhiko (51292)
Posts: 2324
Posted on 04/12 01:34
None
The sun had just risen in the distance as I sat and watched over this wayward group. I had been following them for some time, though not in a conventional manner, indeed I was in body nowhere near them. I was however near them in spirit. Being a master of the finer arts for some king or another I had a lot of toys at my disposal, my favorite of which was a scrying globe.
It was not an object that allowed me to view my intended in the globe however, it instead sent my spirit to them, I had been following them through the eyes of a raven, or ravens, I never could tell how long I stayed with a particular animal.
I, or the raven, which ever it truly was sat upon a high branch of an old, dying tree watching as the group slowly appeared, first the one with the staff, she seemed to be some kind of leader, but you never could tell. Then the others, hey had a big day planned, word of what they might be after had reached my ears long ago, even if they did not yet know their intended location.
I watched for a short time more as they argued a bit more, and then began to break camp. At that time I closed my touch with the bird and returned to my own body. I looked around the dank tower that was my abode, and then quickly grabbed together in a satchel some herbs and potions, a small pot, and an assortment of magically imbued ingredients. I then donned a large brown cloak that covered me entirely, and fell far below my feet so I was constantly treading on the edges. Around my waist I hung an elegant looking dagger of an old design, then my gray pointed hat, and a normal looking walking staff. The picture of a stereotypical wizard, no one would know what I really was, and why should they?
I walked over to a patch of stone covered in runes, and spoke a quick incantation. A moment later time and space warped itself around me, sending me hopefully somewhere near this ill begotten group.
I landed in a patch of soft ferns, luckily for me, as I landed on my head. Also luckily for me however was the location of the ferns, just far enough off the path that the small group, who all still seemed to be together at this point, had not seen me yet. “All the better for now.” I thought aloud to myself..



In memorial of Nikki (41428), a great friend, you are sorely missed

In a quantum universe, magic is not the exception but the rule.

Magic is real, if we could pause for but a brief moment and allow ourselves to step outside of of our world of explanations and science, and into the inexplicable, we would find we could fly, we could live, we could breath...magic is real if you let it be and believe.
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 04/12 22:49
Pebbles In My Shoes
The mercenary looked for the horses, trying to figure out where the sorceress had gotten them. Must've either summoned them, conjured them, or retrieved them during the night.

He stretched and yawned. Today was going to be another horrid day of stupid magic, he knew it. It always happened like that. Nothing ever-

Vroooomp.

The dull, quiet vibration pierced his body. He froze in place, eyes darting in every direction. He scanned for movement, slowly throwing his hand toward his sword.

...Sorceress was still there. His ally was sleepy-eyed, likewise looking for the horses...

Who just teleported? Someone teleported. Very near, too.

It was one of the few magical objects the mercenary possessed. A simple rock, enchanted by one of his employers, for use in an escapade a few years back. It's sole purpose was to detect teleportation (the man had quite a few magical enemies to deal with).

It never failed, saved his butt plenty of times, and just went off.

...

Let's wait and see. Lifting his hand from his blade, he stood in place and said, "What? Horses? Good! I was wondering when things would start to get better."
Immortal Warrior
$ James 37 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 04/13 05:36
None
The wanderer didn't loiter long. After gathering his gear and mounting his mystical steed, that he loved referring to as, "My mystical steed!" He followed at the pace the sorceress set pleasantly humming to himself and talking to Mysty, the Mystical Steed.
He had felt magic being used earlier when waking but figured it was the horses, Mysty had that feel about her..m?
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 04/14 03:38
Another joins the crowd...or group...or herd!
As she walked ahead of the two men leading her horse (riding for her only happened in dire circumstances, and she didn't warrant this as one of those), she paused briefly as she heard a body landing in the ferns. Softly, to be sure...but her ears were more attuned to sound than most. She was grateful her long hair covered her ears...otherwise there were always more questions to be answered than asked.

She slowed just a tish, listening to the sound of the 'person' hiding in the greens to the west side of the path she intended to take. With a small smile to herself, she moved their path just slightly that direction, listening to see what the newcomer might do. She looked over her shoulder and saw the wanderer behind her. She did not see the mercenary but heard his curses as he continued to berate his mount for lack of talent, or something. She slowed even more. She would prefer the three of them to be together when they approached the newcomer in the greens.

She twirled her newly crafted staff in her hands, checking it's balance as the mercenary caught up. Yes, things were going very well this day. ''Ill begotten group indeed'' she murmured to herself. ''If only he knew how long it took to get these two together with me...'' She laughed outloud then quickly smothered her giggles as she strode taller than normal towards the newcomer. ''It is time!''
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á» «Radical Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 04/14 05:10
Magic Is Not Normal.
He grumbled as he yanked on the reins again. This magical horse was of the worst quality he's seen.

The thing answered slowly, moved slowly, and did everything so...slowly!

The mercenary watched as the others got ahead of him. Soon, they were around the bend and out of sight. Normally, he'd get impatient and yanks the reins until the stupid animal went faster, but now he considered whether or not to just leave now while he had the chance.

Nope. The lost man was still amnesic. He couldn't leave him yet.

"What is wrong with you!" he yelled suddenly at the horse. "It almost looks like you've been hit with...a..."

The mercenary suddenly felt very stupid and quite guilty. He stuck his hands in his pocket and shuffled a few things around. When he brought his hands back out, he had on one ring less.

Instantly, the horse sped up and even started to gallop to catch up with the others.


"...Sorry about that. My fault." He felt really bad and made sure to remember to get the thing an apple or two later. Even if it's just a conjuration.

He came around the bend at quite the pace, coming into view of the others and watching as the sorceress moved out of the way of the road, slightly.
Immortal Warrior
«Ì¤Á»Kasumi Ryuuhiko (51292)
Posts: 2324
Posted on 04/14 19:05
None
I watched as the group slowly drew closer to my hiding spot.. “Hmm, this is not good, too early I think, yes too early for sure, they must not find me yet, not quite yet..” Slowly I reached into a small bag hung on my side and withdrew a delicate vial filled with a shimmering yellow liquid. Of this vial I drink only about a fourth before returning it to the sack, moments later my skin shimmered brightly before causing me to vanish. Only just in time also as the group was just approaching the ferns.

I watched as the rider in the front slowed only slightly, eyeing the patch where I lay. My breath caught in my throat as I waited, hoping I would not be found. The riders got closer, riding slowly in single file. The mercenary, a humorous sight, ridding at the back of the group, he was attempting to keep his steed moving by his own sheer will.

But then my attention switched back to the first rider, a sorcerer, or sorceress by the look of the staff that was being carried by the rider. My attention caught on the slightly delicate features of the face, “A female, how interesting.” I thought almost aloud to myself, I saw her twitch as the words had just started escaping my lips. She looked around cautiously, knowing something was there, watching just outside of her sight. “She can hear me, somehow..” I thought to myself quickly as I readied my own staff, knowing that if she could find me while using these potions I would have to vanish in another way, on that might break my disguise.

Her horse was almost standing on top of me now, its hooves only inches from my face. My breath caught in my throat as I willed the group to keep moving, to give no more thought to the ferns I was hidden in.


In memorial of Nikki (41428), a great friend, you are sorely missed

In a quantum universe, magic is not the exception but the rule.

Magic is real, if we could pause for but a brief moment and allow ourselves to step outside of of our world of explanations and science, and into the inexplicable, we would find we could fly, we could live, we could breath...magic is real if you let it be and believe.
$ James 37 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 04/14 20:31
"HELLO!"
The wanderer looked down at the man in the ferns. He a a slight shimmer to him and was slightly transparent. "Excuse me, why are you laying down out here?" He asked the man.
The sorceress looked back at him, then down to where the wanderer was looking. At first she seemed confused but quickly made a blank face.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
«Ì¤Á» «RebelliousRaxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 04/29 16:08
Talking to Trees
As he approached the others, it looked as if his friend was talking to a bush.

"I believe the bush lays there because it's a bush. Otherwise, I would think we'd be dealing with a Siren." He laughed at the thought of facing a Siren; a creature whose very power lies in camouflage and trickery to lure in prey.

But this also worried the mercenary. If his friend was beginning to talk to inanimate objects, he was getting worse.

This waste-of-time-trip might see the end of his ally's mind.


"Swiftly, to our destination. Sorceress! Please tell him we must not tarry; I'm sure the sooner we get to the Chair, the sooner you get steps ahead of your enemy." The mercenary really wanted this to be over and attempted to use the woman's own sense of urgent need to quicken the journey and get his friend somewhere where he might be helped.
Immortal Warrior
«Ì¤Á»Kasumi Ryuuhiko (51292)
Posts: 2324
Posted on 04/30 18:16
None
I lay there quietly, my breath caught in my throat. My hand strayed once more to the small satchel at my side where the teleportation orb awaited my need.

One of the men drew near, almost too near and then he began speaking, talking directly to me. I was just about to use the orb, fearing my invisibility had failed. But a moment before I did the mercenary in the back, the man who had earlier been having difficulties with his horse, spoke up.

He seemed to be agitated about something, and insisting that the riders move on at a hastened pace. I felt a wave of glorious luck wash through me, born on the wings of relief. And a moment later the strange man who had been talking towards, seemingly having lost his focus on me turned and nodded towards the mercenary.

Now the two stood, awaiting their apparently leader, the Person hidden in a cloak and carrying the wondrous staff, to give the order to move on..

But now it was her turn to focus on the patch of fern, the mans initial interest seemed to have peek this riders. However before any evidence of me could be found my fingers slipped inside the satchel, and my body leapt across time and space. I landed gently in a tree, some hundred meters away, still invisible thankfully. I watched the group now, from this perch, waiting to see their next move, if they found me I would have to play the bumbling wizard well, otherwise they might become anxious, and begin to question my true purpose. "I would rather you all lived.." I muttered to myself as I took in the first rider again.. something is there.. something unseen..

In memorial of Nikki (41428), a great friend, you are sorely missed

In a quantum universe, magic is not the exception but the rule.

Magic is real, if we could pause for but a brief moment and allow ourselves to step outside of of our world of explanations and science, and into the inexplicable, we would find we could fly, we could live, we could breath...magic is real if you let it be and believe.
{K~J}Lord Muirhead (46098)
Posts: 1077
Posted on 05/03 00:06
None
Torrential rain plagued the weary traveller as he rode somewhat hastily to his destination. His cloak was drenched and he was beginning to catch cold.

I do hope that I am close...

As the traveler rode he remembered his previous life. He had been a soldier, a good one too! He had been knighted and honored several times in his short career, but that was before the incident. That was before the traveler's former king charged him with the death of his only daughter...
12/08 02:46 You are now a Moderator on the Knights of Noblemen Staff!

11/01 20:58 You have been accepted into the Alliance Shadow Crusaders
«Ì¤Á» «RebelliousRaxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 05/03 01:13
Rumbling
The mercenary heard the swift movement of air, simultaneous with the vibration of his Detector.

Ripping his sword from its scabbard, the mercenary turned to the bush as it rustled from the air around it sucking into a previously-occupied space.

Doesn't look like his ally was going insane after all. Looks as if they've stumbled upon a mage; an adept, too, if he can become invisible.

This also explained why his friend has been acting the way he has. Well, more of a confirmation, but nothing was certain to be confirmed.

A confirmed suspicion, then.

"Look about you. Do you see that person anywhere?" the mercenary asked his friend, whom he now trusted to find that which is invisible to them. He also kept his attention on his pocket, whilst also keeping an eye on the sorceress, who has yet to say a word in the last few minutes.



And, to make matters that much more difficult to handle, the mercenary absent-mindedly noticed that storm clouds were rolling in.
Immortal Warrior
¤ James 36 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 05/03 02:59
None
The man looked around, he couldn't see anyone anymore. "No, he's gone." He said with a confused look on his face.

Although he could no longer see anyone his senses hummed with the disappearance. He wondered why the others couldn't see the man. Oh, well.

"So Lady mage, what is your name anyhow?" He looked at her expectantly as he rode.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
«Ì¤Á» «RebelliousRaxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 05/03 05:36
Attention Spans a Second
"Uhm, that was a mage who not only teleported near us, but teleported away after your investigation. Sounds like an enemy spy, to me. We should move and quickly."

The mercenary was suddenly very anxious to get moving. He's dealt with hostile magicians before, but not any under the command of ancient evil. Or whatever was pursuing the sorceress.

He kept his sword drawn as he went over to mount his conjured horse again, ready to move on, and urging the others to do the same.
Immortal Warrior
«Ì¤Á»Kasumi Ryuuhiko (51292)
Posts: 2324
Posted on 05/03 16:17
None
As I stood there, precariously perched on the limb of a giant old tree, observing my targets i could help but wonder to myself one how it always seems I end up with jobs that end up in trees.

My attention was caught momentarily by the sound of thunder in the distance. i looked up to see a massive black thunderhead rolling in quickly. "Perfect, absolutely perfect." Hopefully this group of riders will seek shelter from the storm, otherwise this is going to be a long and wet job.

I returned my attention back to the group. The first rider, hidden still below a cloak had not yet moved, but the others were slowly becoming mobile, their attention straying from the patch of fern. The mercenary remounted his steed as the other man gazed slowly around the area presumably searching for the disturbance. But even his attention changed as the thunder howled fiercely once more.

Finally the first rider stirred, almost as if coming from a dream. The rider turned toward the other two, the hood of the cloak falling from the head it had been concealing. My breath caught. This woman, this sorceress.. I had known her many years ago.. She had been mysterious even then, and I knew little about her, only that she was incredibly powerful. Doubtfully she would remember me though, a youthful servant in a distant kings court.

But I did not have the time to reminisce, I had been set to sabotage the first person who had shown me real magic.. I felt betray as I slowly left the tree. Never before had I broken a contract, but for the first time the idea of doing so raced through my head. The alliance would know.. My days alive would be numbered.. But I owed more to her than them.

In memorial of Nikki (41428), a great friend, you are sorely missed

In a quantum universe, magic is not the exception but the rule.

Magic is real, if we could pause for but a brief moment and allow ourselves to step outside of of our world of explanations and science, and into the inexplicable, we would find we could fly, we could live, we could breath...magic is real if you let it be and believe.
{K~J}Lord Muirhead (46098)
Posts: 1077
Posted on 05/05 01:09
None
The traveller found a small tavern in the middle of a quiet valley having ridden for several days. He tied his horse down and walked in.

"Welcome!" said the bartender

The traveler nodded and sat at a small table in the corner.

"Can I get ya something sir?" the bartender said coming to the table.

The traveler's hood covered his features so no one could give a desciption of him for fear that word might return to his former liege.

The Traveller spoke, "I need to know where to find someone..."
12/08 02:46 You are now a Moderator on the Knights of Noblemen Staff!

11/01 20:58 You have been accepted into the Alliance Shadow Crusaders
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 05/07 15:22
And so we shall continue...
She glanced up at the coming storm, then drew her hood back over her head.

''The magic is dissipating. We shall not find that person now. Keep your eyes open and be ready to fight if necessary,'' she said as she gripped her staff in one hand and turned her horse back towards their original path.

''The chair is waiting and some of you are in a hurry to get on with your lives, such as they are. We can be there in a few hours if the storm does not get too bad.''

She jerked her horse around and started trotting up the small hill. Her eyes darted from under her hood in every direction without turning her head. She knew that particular flavor of magic, and it did not bode well for her group.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
{K~J}Lord Muirhead (46098)
Posts: 1077
Posted on 05/08 03:10
None
The bartender, Marcus by name, rubbed his sweating palms.

"A man with a magical orb, you say?"

The Traveller nodded.

"Um...I do believe, wait, YES! Yes! He was here some time ago...but I couldn't tell you where he is now.."

Something about the man's darting eyes told the Traveller that he was not being completely truthful..

"I need to know where this man is, Marcus." he said with a flash of his sword being unsheathed.


"Alright! Alright! Last time he was here he was headed west! He was muttering about some sort of business he had to tend to but I couldn't hear what he was saying HONEST!"

The Traveller smiled, "Thank you, Marcus." he said genuinely as he flipped him two gold coins.

"What is your name?" Marcus asked curiously.

"You're better off not knowing, friend."


With that the Traveller departed the tavern and mounted his horse once again. Touching his temple lightly he began to send a call out to his friend.

Orb-wielder, old friend, hear this one's message. I have been exiled from my homeland. Where might I find a friendly face? I feel something powerful is happening in this land and I do hope you will fill me in.

Answer me friend! The rain clouds have passed me and I do believe they are headed West, which as I understand from your friend Marcus the Bartender is your current course.


Your friend,
Phoenix

12/08 02:46 You are now a Moderator on the Knights of Noblemen Staff!

11/01 20:58 You have been accepted into the Alliance Shadow Crusaders
«Ì¤Á» «RebelliousRaxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 05/11 01:54
Rain is a Sign of Life
The mercenary whole-heartedly followed the sorceress, for once.

"You heard the woman. Let's get at this chair and get a'goin'. If we have mages hunting us, I hardly thing we are going to survive much longer if we tarry." His voice slipped a bit, revealing his country-origin of slang-talk. But he quickly corrected himself.

The clouds moved ever closer and the mercenary scowled at the reminder of a nasty day ahead.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 05/11 04:26
The storm gathers...or does it?
The group moved at a quick trot over the small hill and a large valley showed itself before them. Small farmsteads dotted the countryside and the path they were currently on snaked back and forth until it crossed a larger range of hills in the far distance.

The sorceress spoke over her shoulder to the men following in a soft voice that carried well to their ears. ''We need to move swiftly through this area for the chair is just on the far side...''

A sudden crash of thunder deafened out the rest of her words. No lightening had sparked to herald this boom but the sorceress kicked her horse and was quickly galloping at full speed down the winding path. She did not pause to see if the others kept pace, but kept her head down and charged forward.

Rain, or rather a torrent of water, came at the group from all sides, an obvious indicator that the storm was not of nature. ''Hurry!'' she called as she heeled her horse to an even faster pace.

Now the lightening struck! A tree just ahead of the sorceress suddenly was struck by one of the bolts and with flames shooting upward fell across the path they were on.

The sorceress swore quietly while holding her staff in front of her with one hand muttered more words. ''Be brave and bold'' she cried as she leapt into and across the flames from the fallen tree. She reined in her mount on the far-side of the barrier and turned in her saddle to encourage her companions. ''Do not falter! Simply leap the flames and you will be fine...'' she yelled as a flash of light struck her from the sky. Flames erupted around her as smoke bellowed black into the sky from the site.

TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á» «RebelliousRaxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 05/12 04:50
Mage Attack
The mercenary heeded the words of the sorceress and led his conjured mount straight through the flames.

It was a move that nearly stopped his heart; especially without a certain ring on, as it'd most likely slow his mount again.

He closed his eyes and felt the force of a jump...

...and a landing.

And no harming sensations in-between! How nice.

The mercenary urged his mount onward, past the sorceress and along the path, seeking to quickly traverse the area, at the sorceress's urging.

His clothes were completely soaked through and the torrents drowned out any and all sounds as he rushed past everyone.



He really, really hated mages.
Immortal Warrior
¤ James 33 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 05/12 05:30
None
The wanderer tried to see where the lighting came from but could not. Bolt after bolt struck, yet none touched him. The lightning and flame seemed to shy away from him, as if they were afraid. He wondered if the attacker didn't want to hurt him, or if his own inner magic that manifested several times already was protecting him.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
Kasumi Ryuuhiko (51292)
Posts: 2324
Posted on 05/19 05:31
None
I watched as the group moved off at a quickened pace, weary of the nearing storm. I breathed a sigh of relief at this.

"Hopefully now I will be able to follow them in peace for awhile," I thought aloud to myself, unprepared for the intrusive message that was about to hit me.

"Orb-wielder, old friend, hear this one's message. I have been exiled from my homeland. Where might I find a friendly face? I feel something powerful is happening in this land and I do hope you will fill me in.

Answer me friend! The rain clouds have passed me and I do believe they are headed West, which as I understand from your friend Marcus the Bartender is your current course.


Your friend,
Phoenix


The moment the thought hit me I crumpled sideways slightly at the impact, as receiving a telepathic message could be very painful when you are out of practice. A moment later I lost my footing upon the limp where I had previously been standing, and fell some forty feet into yet another pile of ferns.

Cursing I stood up, slightly dazed from the fall. The the words came back to me, from a voice I had long since forgotten, but one I would always remember. An old friend, and old brother, a comrade in arms..
"But why here.. why now," I pondered to myself as I watched the ever distant backs of this forlorn group of journeyers.

Luckily I needed not think on this message now, as the place it had come from seared in my mind, like a beacon in the night. It was near to here, almost too close, but it was also the same way the group was headed, hopefully I would be able to find this man, and still follow the travelers..

I sent a one word message, though it pained me greatly, in response to this mans plea, "Wait."

I gathered my cloak and cowl around me and prepared for a rather long walk, following the riders into the impending storm.

05/19 05:31: Edited by Kasumi Ryuuhiko (51292)

In memorial of Nikki (41428), a great friend, you are sorely missed

In a quantum universe, magic is not the exception but the rule.

Magic is real, if we could pause for but a brief moment and allow ourselves to step outside of of our world of explanations and science, and into the inexplicable, we would find we could fly, we could live, we could breath...magic is real if you let it be and believe.
~/Ã\~Lord Muirhead (46098)
Posts: 1077
Posted on 05/20 23:45
None
Wait.

That was the reply Phoenix received from his old friend. He's probably forgotten how to communicate. I felt some hesistancy in the reply.

But why wait? Why not give me his whearabouts? I can climb a tree better than any man in my...former king's army...

Phoenix prepared a fire. He climbed the nearby trees and spent most the night building the fire with limbs and branches he cut off so as to make a clear view to watch from atop a massive and high tree.

Thunder struck loudly and across the sky not too far from Phoenix himself.Wonderful. It's back.

As he scowered the scene from atop the tree he noticed that the storm was getting ever more violent. Twice he had seen a tree explode into shattered pieces and a great fire.

Smoke billowed and grew he could hear commotion from where the fires were beginning to rage the most.


Phoenix could hear the sounds of men barking orders.

His curiosity peaked he slid down the tree and began to run toward the fires.

The tree he had previously occupied suddenly burst into flames as a thunder bolt found its target.

He ran up one tree grabbing at the branches that did not give under his strength.

As he neared he heard a woman's yell and a horses dying scream. Men shouted louder and the storm grew stronger.

Phoenix successfully jumped the gap between two trees and found himself flying within in the smoke wall to find a fiery scene.

Below him was a lady, though he could make out her features for she was cloaked. Several men were nearby as they struggled to move a log that had collapsed and barred their only way out of the inferno that was surrounding them.

Instinct told Phoenix he was in danger and he felt himself leaping away from his tree as it too exploded and sent him crashing down into a circle of men.
12/08 02:46 You are now a Moderator on the Knights of Noblemen Staff!

11/01 20:58 You have been accepted into the Alliance Shadow Crusaders
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 06/22 04:27
ENOUGH!
She screamed at the sky ''I have HAD it with this delay and you shall NOT win this day.''

She flung back her hood and raised her face to the sky that was alive with lightening bolts striking the ground and trees around her.

''You shall SEE my wrath NOW!'' she screamed and whipping her hands in the air made symbols that few had seen including her companions and those hiding around them. ''Now feel my power!!'' she screamed even louder as bolts of light shot from her hands into the sky.

A few seconds passed as she sat her horse with hands outstretched.

The clouds dissipated quickly, the sun shone brightly, and the earth seemed to hold its breath.

''Ahhh...much better, yes?'' she asked of her companions as she quickly pulled her hood back over her head. ''I believe we can travel the next few miles very quickly now. The throne is just ahead. Shall we?''

She nudged her horse into motion and they took the first fallen tree, still on fire, at pace. She did not glance back.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á»«Recipe for Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 06/22 22:23
Walking on Sunshine
The mercenary looked up at the sky and then looked back at the sorceress.

"Oh sure. When the sky is raining fire and making illusions, just let it happen. But you get the woman a little wet and she blasts away an entire sky." He looked at his ally and rolled his eyes.

"I'm telling you, my friend. I hope we prove to have no part in this. I see only disaster in our future, should we go any further."

Then, shaking off as much water as he could from his soaked clothes, the mercenary 'hi-yahed' his conjured horse onward in the path of the sorceress.



Just a little longer. After they get to this magic chair, they should be fine. It's never wrong.



07/09 04:01: Edited by «Ì¤Á»«Recipe for Raxuss» (39777)
Immortal Warrior
¤ James 32 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 06/25 07:15
None
"Hmmm." The wander said to himself. He wondered why the lightning shied away from him. He saw the mercenary shake rain water off, then looked at himself to see he was dry. 'What am I?' he wondered.
"Miss Magic Lady..." He cut his question off early and started a new one, "What is your name?"
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
Kasumi Ryuuhiko (51292)
Posts: 2324
Posted on 06/27 21:35
None
I glared suspiciously up at the clouds as they broke into daylight following the sorceresses spell.. Wearily I mulled over the power it would take to change the weather in such a manner.. A level of power that this sorceress was not supposed to posses.. But it would not be the first time I had been surprised by someones level of power.

A moment later I began once more, my long walk. However it was no longer directly behind the riders. Instead I muttered under my breath a short series of words while tracing invisible runes upon the air. Conjuring a magic older than most people knew existed, and a magic that the most sensitive wielders would not notice without knowledge of their existence. And at this point, only three people did know, and my feet was taking me towards the second of the three.

I blew gently upon the runes and away they went. Following the trail of the riders. When ever the time came again for me to find them, I would not need a scrying orb, all I would need was to call the runes once more, and they would bring me to them.

I walked slowly down my new path, past burning trees and other debris towards towards a small town, the place where the message had come from.. The man phoenix would either be waiting for me there still, or would have left a clue as to his whereabouts. Why he was here, now, at this very time added yet another layer to the mystery.

In memorial of Nikki (41428), a great friend, you are sorely missed

In a quantum universe, magic is not the exception but the rule.

Magic is real, if we could pause for but a brief moment and allow ourselves to step outside of of our world of explanations and science, and into the inexplicable, we would find we could fly, we could live, we could breath...magic is real if you let it be and believe.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 07/09 03:21
Gentlemen
...and I use that term loosely.'' the woman stated calmly holding her horse's reins.

''I have been honest with you about the throne and the rewards that you may gather along with saving humanity.''

She sighed, then threw back the hood of her cloak revealing long black hair with a white streak down the right side of her head.

''I am Dakmor, Sorceress Queen. My friend overhead...'' she paused as a very large shadow screamed overhead and flames shot just over her right shoulder...''is Rheagha, a red dragon. We have been...erm...relocated here to find a savior of not only this world but ours and many others.''

Her hand briefly touched the white streak in her hair before settling again on her staff which now seemed to glow faintly blue.

''We should hurry. The throne is just over the next hill, hidden...Wait! Did you hear something?'' She grabbed her staff in both hands, dropping the reins to her mount as she darted glances all around them.

''I SEE you and your minions my dark and most evil friend! Show yourself to these brave men and myself and let the battle BEGIN!'' she screamed before suddenly shoving her horse to her side and pointing the now brightly glowing staff between the two men that were with her.

''Down!'' she exclaimed just as lightening exploded towards the two men.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á»«Recipe for Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 07/15 16:31
Dragons, Lightning, and Evil Stuff
"Now, hold on a second..." the mercenary said, hearing about the very mythical red dragon that was apparently following them. But, the sorceress wanted to hurry. He approached, one finger pointing at the sky and his mouth ready for a few questions.

But those questions were not going to happen. As soon as the mercenary wants to slow down and figure things out, stuff just messes up his day. Like an attack by a magical force.

Pushing his ally aside, the mercenary jumped to the opposite side, narrowly avoiding a scorching bolt of lightning that would've probably killed him. The scorch mark left behind on the ground was telling enough.

"Okay! Fine!" the mercenary said, hopping back up and drawing his sword. His eyes darted toward the sky, which flashed with energy and echoed with roars. Then he looked around his current position.

He was in a small town. Already a little torn up by that storm, the residents were nowhere to be seen; probably hiding indoors from this crazed weather. Or, from the mercenary's perspective, an evil force really not liking the sorceress at all.

Now, he could hide from the magic and let the sorceress do all the work. That was always an option.

Or, he could stand there by the sorceress with his sword drawn and...let the sorceress do all the work. Maybe forcing the enemy to consider two targets.

"...Being a 'brave gentleman' and all that, how can I help?" the mercenary said helplessly as the sorceress recovered from the bolt strike.

He means...all he had were mostly defenses against magic. Nothing offensive. And he'd really, really rather not show any of them at all. They tend to be one-time uses.

And a mercenary always preserves as much equipment as is possible.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 07/25 04:15
''Shhhh'' she whispered to the mercenary
approaching her side. She still held the smoldering staff in a ready stance, but was spinning wildly in all directions; she would stop and point, staring intently at the landscape, then spin to a different point on the compass to do the same thing. Over and over until the mercenary felt a tad ill from watching her.

She planted her feet abruptly, her staff pointing to the north.

''There....blast them all!'' she seethed. ''That is the direction of the throne, and directly in our path lie those who hope to keep you all from that throne.''

She glanced about quickly, her black eyes settling on the mercenary.

''You have abilities. You will lead from here.'' She settled her hood back on her head and calmly shouldering her staff, turned to mount her horse. She glanced back at him, one black eyebrow raised in question.
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á»«Recipe for Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 07/26 03:58
One Free Kingdom with One Act of Betrayal
He pretty much gave up at that point.

"Alright, alright. I'll lead the way. Gimme a second..." he grumbled, dropping his pack onto the ground. Might as well get it while it was quiet.

He shuffled through the pack for a little bit. Past the candles and unlit torches, small wraps of bread and fruit, and assorted whetstones and clothes....

There we go.

The mercenary brings out a small crossbow, built for the need only for one hand to fire. Black in color, with a silver string.

One of his more...special weapons. He only brings that out when he needs more than strength of arm or swiftness of wit. It was especially good against things that didn't feel like staying dead. Obviously enchanted.

But ammo has ridiculously hard to get and expensive when it was available. He needed a mage and everything. He had...three bolts left, at this point. And he loaded the first bolt in there now.

He kept his ring in his pockets; it'd only slow them down, for now.

And...now it was time to go.

"Okay, sorceress. My forgetful friend. Let me lead you to the place the sorceress just pointed." he said with a great sigh, wondering why she made him do that.

...And he kept his eyes out for the enemy. While the sorceress treating them both like chess pieces brought her into question, the existence of a sort of rival was not. Those storms and bolts were not natural and can kill them. And nothing unnatural happened without a cause.

Mounted upon their magical mounts, it didn't take long to find confirmation for that.


Not even half-a-mile out of the small village and weirdness happened again. Roaring and yelling occurred in all directions and flashes happened in the sky. Shadows danced up there in the clouds and reminded the mercenary of battle. A battle of light, he guessed.

The mercenary ignored it. The sorceress looked a little perturbed, but he was about done with her. They were almost to the-

She needs you to reach her goal. A key to a door she can't open. Once she opens the door, you will be discarded. Just like a used key.


The voice was quiet. A whisper and it sounded like it had just run a marathon. The mercenary continued on the steeds, ignoring it. He kept his sights on the small incline up ahead, toward a large cave on the side of the cliff.


She cares nothing for you or your friend. Cares not for your livelihood or your health. She will bring you nothing but death.


The mercenary started listening.


She opposes our progress. We need you at our side. We would reward you, we would help you, and you would prosper at our aid in exchange for yours.


The mercenary wondered how much they'd offer.


As much as you could desire. Gold enough to live off of luxuriously forever. Or as a King of the strongest kingdom in the land. Or, perhaps just the means to get you by for yet another day. Your wants are our wants. Your needs are our needs.

Destroy the sorceress. End her endless greed for power. End her senseless destruction of the innocent for her own gain. Help us save the world.





The mercenary furrowed his brows and mulled over what the voice said.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 07/26 04:38
She held perfectly still while riding her imaginary mount.
So he wants gold, does he? Does he even understand the riches that could be his if he saves his world...nay ALL the worlds...by helping our cause?

She glance back over her shoulder at him.

He thinks it takes some particular skill to give him bolts for his special weapon? I could give him all he requires if he were to come to his senses. How to keep him from believing those voices though? I should...

A thunderous bellow from the skies interrupted her thoughts and wrenched her attention to the path in front.

''They are just ahead! We must...''

A shriek unheard in this land ripped through the sky as the Sorceress was struck by unseen weapons and fell from her horse to the ground. Her mount stopped immediately, trembling, then fell over and dissolved into ... nothing.

The shriek was uttered again just before the landscape erupted into fire from the shadow above.

07/26 04:40: Edited by TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)

07/29 05:43: Edited by TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
TheDarkSorceressDakmor
¤ James 29 (31209)
Posts: 521
Posted on 07/27 05:23
None
the wander looked up into the sky at the shrieks. he wondered what they came from. he could see shimmering light in the skies above the sorceress, as of heat was coming out of nowhere.

*thump*

A large pulse ripped through his body.

*thump*

Again.

He could not move anything. something tried to push into his mind as if to invade his thoughts. He could see the sorceress's steed bucking then throwing her down.
[del] 18-Oct-12 16:06 »*« Bartram (68331) bought you a Half a Boar! -- Visit Rosie's Olde Gift Shoppe.
[del] 20-Oct-12 20:48 »*« Bartram (68331) sent you a Lamellar Armour [45+45] (LVL: 29 - body)
16-Feb-13 02:23 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon!
05-Apr-13 04:39 TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834) bought you a Cuddly Dragon
«Ì¤Á»«Recipe for Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 07/27 06:11
Attacked. Again.
The mercenary suddenly found himself with nothing under him, falling on his butt on the hard ground. He heard similar impacts behind him. Glancing back, he saw the sorceress and his ally fall to the ground.

Great.

He got up from his fallen position and pretty much hit the deck again as a burst of fire blasted the entire area, narrowly missing him.

Fearing for his companions, he was relieved to see his friend unharmed (but...paralyzed?) and the sorceress had a some kind of shield.

"Well then." the mercenary said, as the sky lit up several more time with thunderous booms. "On foot. The cave is just ahead. Let's get going and hopefully-"

He was cut off as he saw a shadow in front of him. Not three feet away. A robed individual armed with the nastiest, most evil looking sword he has ever seen in his right hand (his right, the mercenary's left).

He couldn't believe how evil it looked. Curves, all black with red embellishments, asymmetric hooks and dents in the blade, as well as a foreboding glow from the whole thing at once. Very contrasting with the robed man.

Such an evil sword was that, that there was no mistaking how evil that man in front of him was. Who could hold onto something that obviously evil and not be evil themselves?


He fired his bolt without hesitation. To anyone else, it'd look like a frightened reaction, though he really just thought and observed that quickly. With the bolt fired, he used his left hand to draw his blade.

But he didn't need to.


The robed man lifted his left hand (the right one, to the mercenary) to...he didn't know. Block the bolt? Or, at least try. But there was no blocking that.

The bolt seemed to shatter an unseen shield and the robed man evaporated into black smoke as the bolt flashed and pierced the man himself. The smoke dissipated, leaving the path clear again.

And his bolt was unharmed, stuck in the dirt a little up the way.

Right next to that horribly evil sword of pure evil.

"That was interesting." he said, turning to look at his companions, to see if they were in similar trouble.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 07/29 05:52
RUN!!!
She jumped up from the ground, her staff in hand and threw a quick glance around at her companions. They appeared dazed, but unharmed.

She whipped her head around to face the robed man in front of them only to...not see him.

''He is warded...and possibly not even here! RUN!!'' she cried again.

''No no! THIS way!'' she screamed through her clenched teeth. She led the charge directly towards where the robed man with wicked sword had been with her companions following hesitantly.

She ran...and then stopped suddenly, her travel mates almost over-running her. Her gaze dropped from the path before her to her chest, and she seemed to nod as she murmured ''So...he IS here'' before dropping to her knees. Her staff tumbled to the path beside her as she looked over her shoulder to say ''Beware...''

She fell back, blood covering her robes, visible even on the black cloth as it gushed freely from an unseen wound.





TheDarkSorceressDakmor
Kasumi Ryuuhiko (51292)
Posts: 2324
Posted on 07/29 17:28
None
What was happening? The world has gone from a small amount of random chaos to an entire town being systematically destroyed, along with the fields and woods bordering it.

It would appear some kind of creature was attacking those three wanderers.. "By why the town also?".. I wondered aloud to myself as I took in the destruction. What worse than all this chaos however was the fact that in it, the man I was to meet had vanished. As well as all trace of him, seemingly into thin air. That and the companions I was to follow were in grave peril.

I watched as the battled invisible foes. Something was attacking their minds, making them see enemies that weren't there as the true threat passed by unbeknownst to the companions. The battle away, striking down foes. The one wandered seem mildly surprised when his arrow was left remaining after he had destroyed one of his foes. "Magical arrows..." I watched as he then looked at the blade his foe must have carried, clearly lying on the ground.. even I could see it, which did not bode well.

The ground suddenly shook once more, a great tremor rolling beneath the surface, shaking houses to pieces, knocking down the stray, fearful cattle, and send all those standing to the knees.

"Run!!" I heard the shout coming to me from afar.. I watched as the two companions of the sorceress began to stir. The lady was yelling at them to follow her, but they were barely able to move, dazed from the shock of the magic around them, and the foes that assailed their minds. But then they seemed to regain control of themselves, and seeing her frantic motions, and hearing her words they began to run after her.

But it did not last long, they went only thirty paces before the sorceress fell... I could not hear her words from here, but I knew it was not a good omen, a sorceress stricken down. One of the few true magic wielders left in this shattered world. Now I would have to make a choice. reveal myself to them.. even though they would not see my true form, nor know who I truly was they would know I was someone that existed, whatever I might be. Or I could watch, as they died, and wait for my contact to reveal himself once more. But by then my mission might have already failed. I had no choice... I ran.

The two companions of the sorceress were putting up a good fight, protecting her unconscious body. but even now they were beginning to falter against these now, all to real foes. Shadows that could kill. An enemy almost as old as my people... Older even... a horror from long before the world had become civilized...

I watched as the man who seemed more wayward and aloof fell to a knee under the weight of a sword... It was then I moved. The area around the three became brilliantly lit. Driving away the shadow warriors with its intensity. Now the only foe was men, marauders dressed in fine armour. A much more fair fight. I held my staff before me and it changed, becoming a long sword engraved with intricate designs. I was breaking a vow now, to never reveal myself until the time had come. But I feared more than just my own life now. I fear that should these three fail, my people would be lost. Thus I entered the fight, a strange man with a sword.

In memorial of Nikki (41428), a great friend, you are sorely missed

In a quantum universe, magic is not the exception but the rule.

Magic is real, if we could pause for but a brief moment and allow ourselves to step outside of of our world of explanations and science, and into the inexplicable, we would find we could fly, we could live, we could breath...magic is real if you let it be and believe.
«Ì¤Á»«Recipe for Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 07/31 05:25
Hard Pressed
After the initial attack, it looked like a straight shot to the cave.

But more of those robed men showed up. And they weren't waiting around for the crossbow to be reloaded.

These men attacked furiously. The mercenary didn't even have time to pack his crossbow; he held it in his left hand as he quickly switched his weapons, right before they engaged. Their sword play was sloppy and the mercenary was quick to dispatch them, but they just evaporated and appeared again! With the sorceress downed and wounded, it took all he could to keep the enemy off of her from all sides.

His ally was quick to the defense, as well. Shaking off the initial paralysis after he struck down the first robed man, his ally quickly grabbed the fallen really evil sword and did his best to fight off the enemy. The mercenary had no time to observe, however; only shout about the clang of steel to protect the sorceress's exposed flank.

It lasted a while. The men continued to beat down on them, reappearing after each defeat. It seemed like quite the futile fight, though the mercenary knew nothing was forever. Only thing he knew for certain, was that he was wasn't going to survive if they didn't end soon.

And just as soon as he thought the sorceress finally got him into a situation where he was going to be killed, the world went white.

At first, it seemed like he was attacked by a blinding spell. A unique one; blinding spells were generally black in color (enchanted powders can do that), but after he heard the combat erupt again he knew his luck has changed.

Hoping the sorceress had regained herself, he was graced with a different sight; a robed man fighting for them! Oh, this was good news indeed.

Taking a few moments of the help to catch his breath, the mercenary aided the warrior in the counter-assault, covering his back and his ally's, hoping to end this horrid attack.




He never looked at the sorceress as he fought. She'd get up and fight when she was ready. Questions and pondering was useless, with her.
Immortal Warrior
TheDarkSorceressDakmor' (61834)
Posts: 3180
Posted on 08/03 05:33
The powers of dark and light..
day and night

good and evil

Righteous and tormented

The never ending fight

When to give up?

When to surrender?

NOW?

That word seared through her mind as she lay on the ground. Dead, for all accounts and purposes of this world. Yet...was there another layer of consciousness? Perhaps...but it seemed so far away.

Battles being fought by people who didn't even believe or understand...did it matter any longer? Just...let the tide of evil roll over all the worlds and let it be done.

...

''What?'' ''Do you require more of me? I have given it all!''

She sighed one last time and was grateful to be finished with this world.

A screech from the sky stunned all in the world...all hesitated...good, evil, human and not...

The ground below the sorceress glowed red for a moment...another screech and the earth around the sorceress trembled...but she did not move.

Fire flamed from the sky to the earth, and the body of the sorceress existed no longer. Screams of anguish filled the air as did the winds buffeting from wings from a dragon unleashed...as it soared higher and higher until its screams were no longer heard...

A deep silence fell over the land. And yet....

A dim glow came from behind the hill...just beyond where all stood.

Loudly echoing through every being on this world was this message:

''Come..those who would save this world. Hesitate, and all will be lost. This world is pivotal for all other worlds. Show yourselves now or be lost for eternity!''


TheDarkSorceressDakmor
«Ì¤Á»«Recipe for Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 08/04 16:40
Faith Always Wins
The mercenary grinned as he heard the voice, knowing that the end of this madness was near.

And, of course, mixed with typical flair from magic-users.

"Get to the cavern! Pretty sure our sorceress is in there." the mercenary said to his ally, hacking down another opponent; this one, actually dying.

"And you, valiant stranger; continue to help, if you would be so kind?"

He spun, parrying another sword strike before slicing upward to carve a nice, red line across the enemy's face. He took a second to breathe, still pretty exhausted, before advancing forward to the cave.

Only a few enemies took in their way. And none more were appearing, which was good.

Along the way, the mercenary made sure to snatch up that bolt he fired earlier, just in case. He met another enemy on the way, whom he engaged. A meeting of blades, which he used to force the other's sword to go flying. He then simply brought his sword down on his shoulder, brought it back up through the man's other shoulder, and finished with a nice throat slice.

All in about five seconds.

He ran up to the cavern entrance and waited for his allies. Because, while he kind of figured the sorceress was in the cave, he didn't quite trust going in there alone.

Cowardly? He saw it as caution.
Immortal Warrior
Kasumi Ryuuhiko (51292)
Posts: 2324
Posted on 08/08 15:32
None
"What disguise would confuse a sorceress of this caliber?" I wondered silently to myself as I battle on beside my ill chosen friend. I would have to choose now, to either disguise myself in a shroud, thickly enough that none would see through it, and travel thus alongside these companions. Or to steal myself away, to in essence disappear from their sight, and minds, no memories, nor help...

I thought these things as we battled onward. The sorceresses body had swimmingly faded from the spot where it previously took up space, and now the mercenary was pushing onwards, towards a cavern that had no been there before.

"A trap!" a voice inside my head hollered, and thus I chose. My image changed momentarily, and with it all memory that the mercenary had of the old many in the robe faded. Instead there was a younger man, dressed in blackened steel, and wielding the same sword as he had seen upon the ground earlier. No, not the same, a brother however, perhaps a twin?

And with the advent of this new attire I charged after the mercenary and his friend, the quiet one, who seemed ill suited to the kind of battle. he just kind of stumbled behind his friend, however he never seemed to be touched by the enemies that swarmed around him.. shielded somehow...

My own constant companion stirred inside of me, hidden from view, waiting to return me to my true form... Urging me to find Phoenix, and to follow the plan that had been set in motion centuries ago by my forefathers, and that was only now revealing itself to me...

In memorial of Nikki (41428), a great friend, you are sorely missed

In a quantum universe, magic is not the exception but the rule.

Magic is real, if we could pause for but a brief moment and allow ourselves to step outside of of our world of explanations and science, and into the inexplicable, we would find we could fly, we could live, we could breath...magic is real if you let it be and believe.
Scorpio (58627)
Posts: 3564
Posted on 08/24 12:41
None
...." hush"...her hand moving to the side as she appeared from the shadows..her long red hair moving around her as she neared the sorceress..a slight curve on her lips..." be still .." whispering ...

the others around her...searching for their targets...her eyes narrowing as her hands moved once move..." still "..she whispered...every thing frozen for a moment.....

her gaze back to the sorceress.." you're not finished here Im afraid.." slowly lifting her body..." but your wounds shall slow you ".....her hands moving around her as she sifted the sand through her fingers...gently blowing the sand through the air....." see"..the sand slowly began lifting the veil covering the eyes of the sorceress party..." they will be fine" glancing down at the Sorceress.." now for you"..

A tree near by catching her eyes.." there" she moved closer, bringing the Sorceress body with her...a hand moving in front of the trunk as a door began to form...slowly moving her inside...the light dim as she turned..her hand grasping some leaves as she closed the tree around them...." this should help..." placing the leaves over the blood stained cloak as they melded to her skin...."now sleep"..

Moving through the tree, she watched the others....it wasnt going to be an easy but she couldnt interfere..." only sent her to protect them....hmph.." as though scoffing at a person close by.." alright, I'll obey for now..but when time comes....then I'll have my fun too "..slowly fading into the air...
if at 1st u dont succeed..beat the crap outta the guy who made u try !
«Ì¤Á»«Rapidash Raxuss» (39777)
Posts: 1472
Posted on 08/25 14:54
Deal After Death
The mercenary waved his allies through, into the cavern, even as the enemy pursued them. A few cuts and parries sent them reeling, but there was always more to fought; teleporting in like...

...No. Not teleporting. Appearing as if conjured. Men of flesh and blood, but definitely not here on any natural terms.

His ally ran past quickly, weapon held shakily in his fist as he weaved through the men on any side of him. The random warrior followed, pausing only to dispatch any foe that stood in his way, his strike fluid and fierce.

And then, after the new guy passed him into the cavern, the mercenary's ring vibrated in his pocket again. Magic was afoot and a strong one at that.

...Duh.

He followed the others into the cavern, taking one last swipe at the man nearest them. The strike was blocked, but it sent both the man and his weapon spinning.

Catching his breath after a short sprint into the dark, surprisingly dry cavern, the mercenary looked back to see no followers.

The enemy was gone.

Before them was a small passage; not long at all, for they could already see into the next section of the cave. It was filled with an eerie light and already the sound of the underground met their ears.

You know, the sound you get when you place both hands over your ears.

"Almost there..." the mercenary huffed at his allies, pointing to the yonder section. He nodded and began his approach, hoping the others followed him. They were almost out of this. This chair would decide it all.

Hopefully allow him to go straight home.



Then they entered the room, lit by a bluish light caused by the skylight in the center-right portion of the small ceiling. The room itself was just more cave; no human architects or masons had tread here before. The floor of the cavern was smoother, though; like a massive weight pressed it all down evenly. There were no more passages branched off in any direction; this room was the last.

In the center of the room, facing the way they came in, sat an ornate chair. With gold gilding along its legs and rests, a red plush-looking material for the seat and back rest, it had a very intricate design for the legs and rests as well; the claws of dragons for the rests and twin dolphins for the legs. The back rest was that of a city; towers and keeps made up the design around the red plush material. A single, very large gem, a diamond no doubt, rested in the center of the back rest, right where one would place his head. It gleamed in the skylight light and sparkled many different colors as one would move about the room.

That was the sight our company was met with.

And the mercenary, while in awe at the chair for a king in the middle of cave, was disheartened to not find any sign of the sorceress.

She was supposed to sit in the chair first!
Immortal Warrior

Add to Discussion

You will need to register an account to post in our forums, and play our free browser-based game.


[Back]

[ Front Page ]